2013 BRAC

IronMask22

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think coaching has stayed the same all the schools except C-D. Don't know much of anything about him, but while they lost a lot last year, they should have a good young group returning. I heard one of their players moved back. Not sure if he will be playing or not though.

South Greene lost a lot it appears. I don't know that they have a lot to reload with.

Greeneville is Greeneville. They reload with whatever they lose.

West Greene, I would expect to be down quite a bit again.

Cumberland, Grainger, and Claiborne had a tough time last year and I expect the same this year.

I expect it to turn out this way:

1) Greeneville

2) C-D

3) South Greene

4) Grainger

5) West Greene

6) Claiborne

7) Cumberland Gap

Not sure about that prediction. You don't just 'reload' losing 2 left-handed pitchers. I thought West Greene had a good young team last year and wasn't aware they were losing many key players. I understand that Grainger was a young team last year that didn't lose anyone either. I think Grainger, West Greene and C-D will all finish above South Greene if my information is correct. But I'm not in a good pipeline to know who's returning everywhere, or who is getting a pass to move to mom or dad's to attend another school for baseball. My guess (again, if my info is correct):

1. Grainger

2. West Greene

3. Greeneville

4. C-D

5. South Greene

6. Cumberland Gap

7. Claiborne

I don't know of any transfers though I have heard some of the C-D kids who haven't played the last couple of years are considering coming back.

I have watched several games involving Greene County schools over the years. I realize there is a difference between middle school ball and high school ball, but I have watched several of these kids over the years.

I know starting with this group of seniors, the middle schools have made it a point to play over the years. GMS has owned it for the most part with CDMS keeping some games close and even putting a whooping on GMS one year.

The WG feeder schools have been behind the C-D's school pretty badly except for one year (when the sophomores were 8th graders) and the SG feeder schools have been behind pretty badly except for that same year. Mosheim has done well enough to finish 3rd or 4th most years and DeBusk right with them most. The other feeder schools have generally been behind them and Baileyton.

I also watched Rutledge Middle play GMS and CDMS over the years and they haven't matched up well with either though they weren't half bad.

That is why I think GHS will finish 1st with CDHS making it tough on them at times. I just don't see how Grainger will make the jump over either of them. Honestly, I could see 3-5 being a fight between West Greene, South Greene, and Grainger. I don't see any of them being that competitive with C-D or GHS, based on what I watched over the years.

I don't know much about Claiborne or Cumberland so they could finish anywhere in there.

Again, I do realize there is a big difference between middle school ball and high school, but the games I saw last year didn't show me much of a difference from what the kids did then to now.

A litte help from the Grainger side...They have all 9 starters coming back. They gained a lot of experience last year at one point or another last year. Six different freshmen started with 3 being every day starters from the begining of the year. They also had one starter kicked off the team about half way through the year, who has now worked his way back onto the team. He will come back to be the ace of the pitching staff that greatly missed him in the 2nd half of the year.From talking to some players he has worked pretty hard to get back into the good standing. So i believe they should be pretty competitive. Much better than last year.

Last year they started out with 6 in what is now the senior class and 1 in what is now the junior class and 2 quit after the first few weeks of the season and they had one senior who was the Dh..started a freshmen at 3rd, CF or 1st usually first (depending on pitching) and in left and right. And once the one was kicked off they had 5 starting usually with at times the senior playing 1st.

I did some looking around and seen that Bates and Cabbage made the All Conference team as Freshman. I'm not sure how this is selected but I know that the players selected from Greene Co. are all very good players but I'm not sure if that's the best in conference or best on the respective teams or a combination of both.