And Giles New Coach Is.........

Here's the thing,we don't want a big name coach who is depending on numbers (open districts) ,,recruiting (privates) ,or an endless supply of resources (greenbacks).we looking for a coach just like our kids,willing to put in the blood sweat and tears to win! Say what you want about O.C. and staff, thats what they were all about! Our kids here have bought in to that mindset,and are ready to work! There's a lot of coach's calling that just won't cut the mustard,even some of the big names.we'll find the right fit,and soon.as for O.C. and staff,they'll do great wherever they go,that's what they do. And the cats will continue to excel

Sawdust what is the pay scale like in Giles county? Both teaching and coaching? How is the cost of living and housing market? What is the level of community support?

Pay scale shouldn't be a deterrent. Very competitive with public schools for sure. Giles County cost of living is $.70 on the dollar compared to Williamson or Rutherford. Housing is also $.65 to $.70 on the dollar. The community support is not a issue. 1200 to 1500 on a weak night. Over 2000 on tough games. Facilities as nice as anybodies. Indoor practice facility. And, a great head man to answer to. Great band, Bobcat Moms, and business support. As the Dust stated, blue collar people with a 50/50% mix of country boys and city boys. Low crime rate. A good place to park your rear end... :ugeek:

Pay scale shouldn't be a deterrent. Very competitive with public schools for sure. Giles County cost of living is $.70 on the dollar compared to Williamson or Rutherford. Housing is also $.65 to $.70 on the dollar. The community support is not a issue. 1200 to 1500 on a weak night. Over 2000 on tough games. Facilities as nice as anybodies. Indoor practice facility. And, a great head man to answer to. Great band, Bobcat Moms, and business support. As the Dust stated, blue collar people with a 50/50% mix of country boys and city boys. Low crime rate. A good place to park your rear end... :ugeek:

Tailgating is nice as well. Three middle schools feeding the system and I would say a group of young men ready to prove themselves to whoever takes over. Nice baseball field next to stadium for Rudy to land in. I am sure we will see him for the Ensworth game.

Ok, just playing devil's advocate, but if pay scale isn't a problem, then why did one of the assistants turn down the job because he could make more as an assistant with OC at Buckhorn?

Ok, just playing devil's advocate, but if pay scale isn't a problem, then why did one of the assistants turn down the job because he could make more as an assistant with OC at Buckhorn?

Well, well, Leroy. It sho does look like he told one of us a lie then because he didn't mention money to ME. Now the question is.....did he tell YOU that or is YOU a gossiper??? :popcorneater:

Wise one I guess there have been many to show interest. In your opinion what is the admin looking for. Is head coaching experience a must? Old with experience or young and ready to get at it and stay awhile? Who are the top candidates do far?

First of all I have full confidence in our principle. I do know he is trying to balance athletics vs education. I have no reason to believe that the Head Coach and his staff will have nothing but his full support. We are fortunate to have a school board, principle, and community that desires to have the best of athletics and education. Across the board.

Now, integrity, reputation, and experience is desired. I think the assistants will play a very important role in the decisions also. I honestly believe he is looking for the best "package" without using age as a factor. As far as experience, I would think he would give a young guy a chance if his background experience warranted it.

Names??? Not from me shall you receive. But I will say he has some excellent choices. And a surprise or two. This hire effects many families, kids, the community, the school, and other schools as well. Our principal will get er done...in time.. :ph34r: