PCHS

Mrsports

Is this the team to be beat returning everybody?with the Edwards kid from crange moving to PC, a good group of young kids with some expeeience now, and 6 seniors 5 of them have got playing time all 4 years, you have to have them on your list.

Edited by Mrsports

Looking forward to 7A basketball season. Been watching some games at TTU camp. Looks like in AA it will be another close year, everyone looks about the same. Think there will be some suprises in single A. Think our young boys will come on and do good in season. Clay co will probably be a little weak this year. Saw Clarkrange play looks like they had a lot of very young players, they may have an off year. Watched a lot of AAU this summer and from what I see the teams to beat in 7A will be PCHS coming up strong especially with the Edwards boy from Clarkrange transferring. Watched Monterey and Pickett play a little at an AAU tournament in Sparta. It was a close game with Monterey winning. Looked like Monterey had picked up a few new kids. Saw Monterey play some AA schools at camp they hung in there with them. It will be an interesting match up between MHS and PCHS this year. It should be a barn burner. LA will probably carry district in AA. Can't wait for season. GO DEVILS!

Not reading too much into summer camps, but I've seen several teams play and followed Smith County all summer. I hate back to back games. That being said, I thought Pickett looked pretty good against Smith who'd just beaten Dekalb County in a close game, then turned right around and played Pickett. Smith really had no gas left when Coach Melton cleared his bench midway through the second half, but only trailed Pickett by 8 or 9. Similarly, Smith County played York earlier in the day when York had just lost to Gordonsville in a close game. Smith County beat York badly, up 40-15 at one point. I know York and Smith had to be tired playing in those back to back games.

Smith has really improved, especially since they have one senior, two juniors, and the rest are sophomores and freshmen. I didn't say they are state contenders, but they have improved by leaps and bounds. They're actually competing. They lost a close one to White County and Pickett and beat Cumberland County, Jackson County, Dekalb, York, and Community.

Pickett looks good. They have depth and experience. Jackson looks pretty good too for 1A. White County has some good talent, and Cumberland has lots of speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job. 
    • I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf  
    • The administration took the path of backing the coach and whispering to people that the kid was a problem. The reality is that the kid was never a problem on a team or classroom. The player says she has witnessed who back her not saying the f-word.  Why did the coach make that story up and other stories? I am not Sigmund Freud and do not have an answer for the ex=-coach's behavior..