8-AAA prediction time

tn2164

Lincoln will be a good football team and should win region. Columbia will be down by there standards as of late. Shelby will be athletic and play fast but will not get over hump. Frankline and coffee will be good solid hard nosed football teams. But Lawrence county will be the big surprise. If I'm not mistaken they return the entire backfield plus wide reciever. Will need a new line. There defense has to replace linebackers but have 7 or 8 on defense returning. And about same on offense. Columbia will be a huge game for both schools.

Interesting district with a lot of natural rivalries. I'm interested to see how Coffee handles their schedule this year. Coach Davis is in his 3rd year so this is really the first pure Davis team. Coach Sisk's return as DC should see the Defensive play improve. I hope they do well. Lot of great kids and good coaches who have struggled for a long time. I'd like to see them compete and succeed. I think overall, there will be a lot of great competition in the district. Lincoln, Franklin, Shelbyville, Tullahoma, and Lawrence arent far off from Columbia. If Coffee can pick up a couple of wins early in the year to get their confidence up, they could play spoiler. Good luck to all the teams. Should be a lot of great games.

My Guess:

1) Columbia

2) Lincoln County

3) Tullahoma

4) Lawrence County

5) Shelbyville

6) Franklin County

7) Coffee County

After the first 3 it is a total tossup. I am expecting a very competitive district this year with alot of surprises. Lawrence County could be the surprise if they can shore up the Offensive Line.

Columbia has represented District 8-AAA very well, playing in three state championship games and winning one during the recent 4-year cycle. Now a new era begins as Coffee County joins the district. The Red Raiders have been playing more than half of the district's teams every year, so their schedule will not see a dramatic change, although adding Columbia and Lawrence County is a huge challenge.

The Lions lost a great senior class that won close to 40 games in three years, so although they are still going to be very competitive I don't see them dominating the district like they have the past couple of years.

Tullahoma has been the only other team to win a district title, capturing the 2010 crown, and has finished second the last two years. The Wildcats return their entire offensive line and will once again be a challenger.

Lawrence County and Lincoln County will both be better, and it will be no surprise to see one or both in the playoffs. David Marston continues to put out tough, disciplined football teams in Lawrenceburg, and if they have any improvement in team speed - watch out.

Both Shelbyville and Franklin County will have to replace great running backs who have been the key to their offenses over the last three years. Not sure either one will be a serious contender for the district title, although as we have seen in past years this is a district that can sometimes send all of its teams to the playoffs.

Coffee County is going to be better. Coach Sisk is worth at least a win or two by himself, and Meeker and Rozier give the Red Raiders two of the district's most-experienced offensive players. But again, swapping Cumberland County and White County for Columbia and Lawrence County is not a positive for the Red Raiders.

I expect the district to be highly competitive this year, but I'll throw a prediction out there for the fun of it.

1. Columbia

2. Tullahoma

3. Lawrence County

4. Lincoln County

5. Coffee County

6. Shelbyville

7. Franklin County

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...