Tellico Plains vs Sequoyah (week 0)

dumdum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they are just young but they just looked extremely sloppy.

They played as if they were young but they have 17 starters returning!  I really feel, that they just didn't have the right folks in the right positions...they have the size, speed and talent...just not in the right position.  #17 is playing in the right spot on offense and defense, but if the QB cant run offense any better, #17 maybe heading back to that position.  I think they were in a 3-3-5 (maybe), hard to tell, they looked confused at times.  But I did hear Mullinax after the jamboree, I'll just say that practice should be intense this week. 

Here's the skinny:  Coach Mullinax will have the Bears prepared and ready to play as they invade the Chiefs' stronghold Friday night.  However, much like Davy Crockett, motivation will only go so far as the Chiefs are too talented, big, and fast to be beaten by the Plains' Gang this year.  Let's say the Tribe wins by 35-14.  Also, let it be known that Sweetwater wanted to play the Bears, but Coach Mullinax was chasing some wins as they play in a very competitive league despite being Class A (Remember Grace Christian beating CAK a couple of years ago).  The Sweetwater coaching staff was quite upset about the Bears leaving the Wildcats in a scheduling lurch.

Hope the Bears win the rest of them and stay healthy through this Friday night  county rivalry game.

I was told the same thing from someone at Tellico.  Coach Mullinax dropped Sweetwater.  With King at QB and those receivers coming back, I think it will be a long night for Tellico on offense.  Tellico needs to settle on a QB and stay with him.  Either the Hollinghead kid or the Rhinehart kid at QB.  I know one is pocket passer (Hollinghead) and the other is a option/athlete, but with how young these kids are, they have to settle to one and run it.  Too confusing for this group.  The majority of the line are seniors, even though some are playing line for the first time.  There are two or three that were backs the last two or three years now playing line.  Too much experience on Sequoyah.  They may have lost their fullback and defensive end, but too much experience.  Sequoyah wins.

I was told the same thing from someone at Tellico.  Coach Mullinax dropped Sweetwater.  With King at QB and those receivers coming back, I think it will be a long night for Tellico on offense.  Tellico needs to settle on a QB and stay with him.  Either the Hollinghead kid or the Rhinehart kid at QB.  I know one is pocket passer (Hollinghead) and the other is a option/athlete, but with how young these kids are, they have to settle to one and run it.  Too confusing for this group.  The majority of the line are seniors, even though some are playing line for the first time.  There are two or three that were backs the last two or three years now playing line.  Too much experience on Sequoyah.  They may have lost their fullback and defensive end, but too much experience.  Sequoyah wins.

I believe your dead on with that statement, "They have to stop moving players around."  One or two moves should be tops, but moving all these folks around creates a lot of confusion and inexperience.  That's what I saw in the jamboree.