Science Hill versus Brentwood Academy

baylorbigdog1976

you sir are a true #### bashing  greeneville and the head coach position - there was no money man that paid for his installment at GHS he was the asst. when the former coach was dismissed for some internal issues - coach ballard is a good man with his family rooted here in greene county he is just continuing what the former coach started :; now your bashing stacey carter you all were praising him as the savior for SH football but now with a couple of losses your ready to throw him to the wolves , though i do not know the man he must have been a pretty good coach while at SS he sure had our number for a few years , but Karma is a funny thing you all were sky high after this dismemberment of crockett 90-21  but after you have faced reality and got your buts waxed twice the latest 45-0  YOU HAVE BEEN BROUGHT BACK TO EARTH   whos laughing now~~~~ David Crockett  Enjoy it cause karma is a funny thing!

You are obviously highly intoxicated. I made that post twice and you still got all the arguments wrong.

It's the athletes.  Anybody who says anything different has never been out of NE Tennessee to see any athletic event.  I live in NE Tennessee and I love football, but Western NC, SW VA, and NE Tennessee is the armpit of high school football in the South.  There's a reason that all of your division I talent in the state comes out of Nashville and Memphis, and everywhere in between.  

I guess you mean well but you couldn't be more wrong. Its coaching.  Unless you can show me that magicial line that surrounds "the armpit of high school football" I can't be convinced it exist. Or maybe it could be the water that is in "the armpit of high school football" that keeps the athletes from being any good? Maybe its the food? The air? Can't be the coaching. No way. Tell me the reason. And don't even try to say its population or school size. That argument doesn't hold water either. Theres 100's of examples that shoots that one down.  

Your not a upper east tn. coach are you?

I guess you mean well but you couldn't be more wrong. Its coaching.  Unless you can show me that magicial line that surrounds "the armpit of high school football" I can't be convinced it exist. Or maybe it could be the water that is in "the armpit of high school football" that keeps the athletes from being any good? Maybe its the food? The air? Can't be the coaching. No way. Tell me the reason. And don't even try to say its population or school size. That argument doesn't hold water either. Theres 100's of examples that shoots that one down.  

Your not a upper east tn. coach are you?

To answer your first question: No, I don't coach football.

In response to your other statements, I'll simply say this:  It's not the water or the air.  It's called genetics.  All athletes are not created equally.  Your argument tells me that you would say the only reason Texas and Florida have more Division I recruits than Alaska is due to coaching, which is ignorant.  From personal experience, my daughter went to the track and field state championships this past year down in Murfreesboro, and I watched the state's best athletes run.  Now before you say, "track isn't the same as football", I would agree, but track is the best picture of how athletic an area is because it's almost all God-given ability on display.  Middle and West Tennessee crushed anyone in sprints and jumps (which equate most with the explosive movements of football) from even East Tennessee.  I didn't see one male sprinter or jumper from Upper East Tennessee in any division. I saw Brentwood Academy have 3 kids run under a 10.7 100 meter dash when I hadn't seen anyone from NE Tennessee sniff that the entire year!  All that said, there are a lot of factors that go into football (coaches, schemes, schedules, conferences, divisions, public/private, athletes, etc.), but when push comes to shove, you just need to look at the simplest and rawest evidence if you're having our discussion...Speed, Size, and big time looks from big time football (Not Carson Newman).

With all things being said I am still impressed that science hill scheduled Siegel and BA. It's a good way to better a program even though the losses were tough.

“Coach Carter is one of the few guys in this state that will actually play, you know, people like us, and I applaud him for it,†White said. “And I think it’ll pay dividends as he goes down the road, because most of these schools won’t play us.â€

Assuming the Hilltoppers heal in a timely manner, Carter’s inclined to agree.

“That’s just one of those dark-cloud days, I guess you could say, this one was,†Carter said. “This life’s not easy. This a good lesson for these kids that hey, things happen sometimes.â€

- See more at: http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/111363/toppers-blown-out-by-brentwood#disqus_thread

you sir are a true #### bashing  greeneville and the head coach position - there was no money man that paid for his installment at GHS he was the asst. when the former coach was dismissed for some internal issues - coach ballard is a good man with his family rooted here in greene county he is just continuing what the former coach started :; now your bashing stacey carter you all were praising him as the savior for SH football but now with a couple of losses your ready to throw him to the wolves , though i do not know the man he must have been a pretty good coach while at SS he sure had our number for a few years , but Karma is a funny thing you all were sky high after this dismemberment of crockett 90-21  but after you have faced reality and got your buts waxed twice the latest 45-0  YOU HAVE BEEN BROUGHT BACK TO EARTH   whos laughing now~~~~ David Crockett  Enjoy it cause karma is a funny thing!

Crockett has nothing to laugh about. SH losing big to one of the best teams in the state in BA doesn't change the fact that Crockett is still horrible, lost to SH by 69 pts and would lose to a team like BA by AT LEAST 100 pts. So yeah, Crockett, go ahead and laugh it up while you schedule and struggle to get the W against teams like Chuckey-Doak. If anyone has the right to laugh about SH's lopsided loss last night it's definitely not the Pioneers.

BA is a very, very good team. They would smash any team in the Tri-Cities area this year. I thought Siegel looked good last week but this team from BA would beat that Siegel team by at least two scores. I really did not see one weakness on that team last night. Would it have made a difference had McGue and several of the other injured Toppers been able to play? Yes. Would it have made a huge difference? I seriously doubt it. 

To answer your first question: No, I don't coach football.

In response to your other statements, I'll simply say this:  It's not the water or the air.  It's called genetics.  All athletes are not created equally.  Your argument tells me that you would say the only reason Texas and Florida have more Division I recruits than Alaska is due to coaching, which is ignorant.  From personal experience, my daughter went to the track and field state championships this past year down in Murfreesboro, and I watched the state's best athletes run.  Now before you say, "track isn't the same as football", I would agree, but track is the best picture of how athletic an area is because it's almost all God-given ability on display.  Middle and West Tennessee crushed anyone in sprints and jumps (which equate most with the explosive movements of football) from even East Tennessee.  I didn't see one male sprinter or jumper from Upper East Tennessee in any division. I saw Brentwood Academy have 3 kids run under a 10.7 100 meter dash when I hadn't seen anyone from NE Tennessee sniff that the entire year!  All that said, there are a lot of factors that go into football (coaches, schemes, schedules, conferences, divisions, public/private, athletes, etc.), but when push comes to shove, you just need to look at the simplest and rawest evidence if you're having our discussion...Speed, Size, and big time looks from big time football (Not Carson Newman).

Your making this way to complicated. Let me make it simple by saying this. Take the Maryville coaching staff and put them at DB, Science Hill, Tennessee High, South, or Elizabethton (just to name a few) and in two years they'll bring back a state championship. Heck I'll go so far to say that in 5 years they could bring a state championship to Davey Crockett.  It's coaching and you know it.

Crockett has nothing to laugh about. SH losing big to one of the best teams in the state in BA doesn't change the fact that Crockett is still horrible, lost to SH by 69 pts and would lose to a team like BA by AT LEAST 100 pts. So yeah, Crockett, go ahead and laugh it up while you schedule and struggle to get the W against teams like Chuckey-Doak. If anyone has the right to laugh about SH's lopsided loss last night it's definitely not the Pioneers.

BA is a very, very good team. They would smash any team in the Tri-Cities area this year. I thought Siegel looked good last week but this team from BA would beat that Siegel team by at least two scores. I really did not see one weakness on that team last night. Would it have made a difference had McGue and several of the other injured Toppers been able to play? Yes. Would it have made a huge difference? I seriously doubt it. 

BA has a good team and your right they would beat anybody up here this year, But I say if, without the injuries (especially McGue) and if the Toppers had any kind of pass defense, they could of made a game of it. It's almost like the Topper secondary is a free play zone. Halfway through regular season It might be to late to fix it.

yea they do!! after that sorry excuse for a human CC  would not call off the dogs on them i mean 90 points come on that is sorry in my book - what do have to prove beating a team that bad --only to turn around and get waxed by two teams - WHY ARE YOU BELLY ACHING TO ME  ABOUT OTHER TEAMS RECRUITING - you all are the 2nd biggest school in the state 2) Science Hill High School - Johnson City, TN - Total Enrollment: 2565 and cant field a team that can compete maybe you could coach them you think you could do better!

BA has a good team and your right they would beat anybody up here this year, But I say if, without the injuries (especially McGue) and if the Toppers had any kind of pass defense, they could of made a game of it. It's almost like the Topper secondary is a free play zone. Halfway through regular season It might be to late to fix it.

The game was over once McGue went out. It's as simple as that. He is a HUGE part of that offense. Virtually everything the Toppers do on offense revolves around him and his playmaking abilities. One of McGue's main targets at WR didn't even play. That kid also plays CB and is one of the better defensive playmakers on SH's team. Once McGue went out, SH had to move one of their starting WR's, Tucker McPherson, to play QB. So that's you're starting QB and two of your starting WR's out by the end of the 1st Quarter. Then, to make matters worse, you're starting C, starting RB and another starter at WR/DB all go out in the 3rd quarter. Not to make excuses for SH but I think those types of losses would really hurt just about any team. I would've liked to have seen the Toppers at least score once but by halftime, they were just completely shell-shocked. You could sense it when they came out to start the 2nd half.

As for the secondary, I will say that if Mikey White and Isaac Story aren't able to come back and play, that unit could really be in trouble. However, they didn't have much trouble with Elizabethton, Crockett and Morristown West. Siegel and BA are two very, very good passing teams. SH won't play any team with a passing game that good again in their conference.

Edited by AlumnI01

yea they do!! after that sorry excuse for a human CC  would not call off the dogs on them i mean 90 points come on that is sorry in my book - what do have to prove beating a team that bad --only to turn around and get waxed by two teams - WHY ARE YOU BELLY ACHING TO ME  ABOUT OTHER TEAMS RECRUITING - you all are the 2nd biggest school in the state 2) Science Hill High School - Johnson City, TN - Total Enrollment: 2565 and cant field a team that can compete maybe you could coach them you think you could do better!

Please show me anywhere in my posts where I've "belly ached" to you or anyone else about other teams recruiting. Go ahead.

BigPoppaPump,

You are articulate and you couldn't be more correct. 100 years from now there will still be people who believe that all that's missing from bringing gold footballs back to East Tennessee is coaching.  Unless you happen to have a classified bracket like Greeneville has had that basically allows you to play an opponent in the State Title game that you would normally play in the 2nd round, we're not winning one anytime soon.

Your comments about genetics were brilliant.  Arguments against it are passionate and likely made because the people making them really believe them.  However, facts and history are against them all.