Eastern Christian Academy (MD) @ Maplewood

boski

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Panthers were outmatched,  especially on defense. Thhey never gave up though. And to Maplewood's credit, they were able to score a couple of touchdowns on Eastern's first team defense. They almost scored a third before time ran out in the half.  In the second half, both teams relied heavily on the run. Maplewood secondary wasn't all that bad considering that they were covering guys who were taller and bigger.

I loathe be one of those moral victory guys. But I will say this: If Maplewood plays this hard for the remainder of the season then they will have a chance to not only make the playoffs but win a couple of games. I'm thinking that the Panthers will have to win at least three out of the next five games to make it to the post-season. Four of those games are against Alcoa, East Nashville Goodpasture and Pearl Cohn. Stratford is the fifth. The Spartans unexpectedly beat the Panthers last year. So no game is a given  out of the five, in my opinion.