"Nerds" 3A picks

sportsnerd

You might be right, but I saw the same thing two years ago when CPA had their first really good team in several years. For some reason, people tend to require programs to build on each other from year to year. LC may not be getting the press that you deserve, but I guarantee that an undefeated team does not get overlooked by the opposing coaches.

Yea, your probably right! 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ath, are you a East Hickman fan? If so I would like to tell you I very impressed with ya'll this yr! By the way did you go to Vandy to watch the CPA and Milan game?

Go Eagles! Still trying to build this program. Our O-line really came together and played well 2nd have of season. Still got a lot of work to do to get to Lewis Co. and Fairview level but we have good talent coming up so trying to stay positive. I did not see the CPA-Milan game this year.

Go Eagles! Still trying to build this program. Our O-line really came together and played well 2nd have of season. Still got a lot of work to do to get to Lewis Co. and Fairview level but we have good talent coming up so trying to stay positive. I did not see the CPA-Milan game this year.

East is heading in the right direction! Will you coming to Lewis Co to watch us in the Playoffs?

I know Gerry Bertier will probably have his contest again, but here are my guesses.

Quad 1

Alcoa over York

Sul. No. over PF

CAK over GP (upset)

CD over JC

THEN

Alcoa over Sul.No.

CAK over CD (upset)

THEN

Alcoa

Quad 2

Upperman over GC

Tyner over SC (upset)

ND over Cascade

PC over Sequatchie

THEN

Tyner over Upperman (big upset)

ND over PC (upset)

Then

Tyner

Quad 3 (tough one)

CPA over WHH

East over LA

West over EH

Fairview over Harpeth

THEN

CPA over East

Fairview over West

THEN

CPA

Quad 4 (guesswork)

LC over Fairley

Man over Camden (upset)

HC over SG

Westview over JCM

THEN

LC over Manassas

Westview over HC

THEN

LC

Semis

Alcoa over Tyner

CPA over LC

Finals

Alcoa over CPA (Head over heart. Can't pick against a team that's been there so much)

13-3 first round

7-1 second round but lost a 3rd round pick already with Tyner loss to UHS.

Not bad. UHS proved me wrong. It is hard to predict how good someone is when they play a weak schedule and take care of business. They obviously are the real deal (on offense anyway). The UHS and ND game should be interesting.

That's wild.  There are a lot of players across the state who could be setting records if they played every minute of every game.  Not to take anything away from the kid, but comparing his stats to others isn't apples to apples.

Agreed. I'm sure he is a heckuva player, but I think he pretty much plays the whole game. Amazing you can give up 49 points and win. 20 total TD's in that game - 12 min quarters, that's 1 TD every 2 1/2 minutes.

Agreed. I'm sure he is a heckuva player, but I think he pretty much plays the whole game. Amazing you can give up 49 points and win. 20 total TD's in that game - 12 min quarters, that's 1 TD every 2 1/2 minutes.

If I heard correctly the U's average time of possession in the tyner game was only a quarter - only 12 minutes. Edited by JohnnyRay