Union City Tornadoes hosts the Bruceton Tigers

BigSwo

Best post so far I like you BigSwo but you will have to agree with that.  Go Tigers a amazing season getting it back on track no matter what happens.  Make them halftime adjustments again and dont give up.

Okay I want to respond to this Carroll County stuff. I admitt that we have srtuggled since 09 against Carroll County teams in the playoffs. The record is clear on that. But This team is much like the 09 team. This leads me to remind you guys that UC spanked some Mustang boohiney in that game after losing the regular season game earlier in the year. This will end in the same fashion. So you guys out there looking for our demise in this game will be highly disappointed. This season we spanked the best team in Carroll County at thier house. Now Kermitt you will have to agree with that.

I would like to further add that if you guys think for one second that we are not aware of the 2010 whipping we took from the Tigers or the embarrassing defeat we suffered from the Mustangs last year you are foolish to say the least. I know that our coaching staff is one of the best at preparing our guys for a battle. In the 2010 game many of those players on this team played in that game were freshmen because of the lack of depth. There were only 4 seniors on that team. We lost an entire State Championship team of seniors from the 09 season. They remember how it felt and the ridicule they took from surrounding teams by losing to Bruceton that year. Well these boys are now Juniors. They also have an attitude. They are sportsmen but they play lights out. We only have 3 seniors this year so that means this group will be back again next season. Anything can happen in the playoffs that is true. But it won't happen this week.

Okay I want to respond to this Carroll County stuff. I admitt that we have srtuggled since 09 against Carroll County teams in the playoffs. The record is clear on that. But This team is much like the 09 team. This leads me to remind you guys that UC spanked some Mustang boohiney in that game after losing the regular season game earlier in the year. This will end in the same fashion. So you guys out there looking for our demise in this game will be highly disappointed. This season we spanked the best team in Carroll County at thier house. Now Kermitt you will have to agree with that.

I'm sure you are talkin bout Huntingdon. Bruceton played with them until the fourth quarter, but in the 4th we shutdown. I'm not saying we should have beat them, but we had our chances. I'm not gonna say we will beat y'all, but I have seen stranger things happen. How many 10-0 teams have been sent home their first playoff game? Bruceton did something last night that I have not seen them do in years. They adjusted their game plan. I know I know y'all aren't gleason, and I know y'all have a fullback and line that is very dominant. I am saying that I won't rule out an up sent and I am saying if Bruceton clicks on all cylinders it will be a good game. Edited by Tigerslegacy

I'm sure you are talkin bout Huntingdon. Bruceton played with them until the fourth quarter, but in the 4th we shutdown. I'm not saying we should have beat them, but we had our chances. I'm not gonna say we will beat y'all, but I have seen stranger things happen. How many 10-0 teams have been sent home their first playoff game? Bruceton did something last night that I have not seen them do in years. They adjusted their game plan. I know I know y'all aren't gleason, and I know y'all have a fullback and line that is very dominant. I am saying that I won't rule out an up sent and I am saying if Bruceton clicks on all cylinders it will be a good game.

Tigerslegacy I was just trying to put Kermitt in his place that's all. You guys have a great team and we will have to play our very best to win. De Frog is still upset about the domination we but on his Mustangs and routes for our demise every chance he gets. We are looking for a hard fought physical game and I pray for an injury free game for both teams. I only wish we had fireworks.

Edited by BigSwo

I would def. not count my chickens til they hatch...let's just say any team can prevail on any given Friday.  The Tigers are coming off of a double win against Gleason and yes, they are a team that has nowhere to go but uphill; but I can say, never underestimate an underdog.  Especially when it is against a team that already thinks they won!  Personally believe it will be a great game and yes Bruceton will bring their A game along with the best supportive and motivating fans of any W. TN team.

I would def. not count my chickens til they hatch...let's just say any team can prevail on any given Friday.  The Tigers are coming off of a double win against Gleason and yes, they are a team that has nowhere to go but uphill; but I can say, never underestimate an underdog.  Especially when it is against a team that already thinks they won!  Personally believe it will be a great game and yes Bruceton will bring their A game along with the best supportive and motivating fans of any W. TN team.

Okay listen. Just because me, a poster , pops off on coachT, does not mean that the coaching staff or the team feels like we have already won the game.  I have been very reserved this year with my posts until this game. My comments will have zero effect on this game or any other. I only responded to the comments made about UC's record against Carroll County teams in the playoffs. This has only been since 09. for the last 3 years we have performed poorly. We will not make the same mistake this week. Im glad to hear you guys support your team on the road. I look forward to it. I know you guys just came off a double win against Gleason. But as already stated twice "we aint Gleason". I also dare to say that we will be the most physical team you will play this season. If the Tigers manage to keep the game close in the first half the Tornadoes physical style of play will wear them down in the 2nd half and eventually will put them away in the 4th quarter. You can count on it.

Tigerslegacy I was just trying to put Kermitt in his place that's all. You guys have a great team and we will have to play our very best to win. De Frog is still upset about the domination we but on his Mustangs and routes for our demise every chance he gets. We are looking for a hard fought physical game and I pray for an injury free game for both teams. I only wish we had fireworks.

No Im not but I go for my county and district, when they are not playing us.  BigSwo if you think Im on the  Union City bashing them to death, ask anyone on the humboldt boards they will tell you all season I have been saying Union City and Dresden are the 2 best teams from the west in 1a & how Humboldt is good but overrated.

True about us getting whipped though not going to argue with you on that, you just mad that I said it wasnt all you guys and us juggling the football.  When you fumble like that you are supposed to lose.  If we played again this year I'm not saying we'd win but we would play you guys a lot closer and if you dont think so you need to watch our replays starting with the gleason game we play a lot different now.

About your team being focused they werent very focused last year were they joking now I am stirring a little.  Seriously Union City is a good foe, are you mad at me Swo cause In want to see a upset, I always support the county when they not playing huntingdon.  If you beat them I will go for Dresden next week not because they are playing you but because I want my district to do strong.

If you beat both I promise you I will have your back rest of the way.

Last year we beat you not once but twice, a close game during season and a blowout during the playoffs.  We are not looking for your demise I have posted on most of bruceton games wanting them to win and am pulling for them again.  

Hey Swo if you look at my post on the first page you will see who I thought would win

Union City impressed me earlier in the season, I would like to see Bruceton upset them just because they are in the same county, however Union City is the better team.  Good luck to both teams though.

I made a typo mean to put we are in the same county.  I dont proofread what I write sometimes lol, why you think I hate Union City so much just wondering.  One game isnt going to change my opinion we shouldve lost to Martin Westview as well the way we played that one (we won cause of heart not skill in that one).  Doesnt mean I go and hate on Martin.

Okay Kermitt I apologize. I took what you said wrong. I was mad about something else so far from football when I got on the T today that I vented on you. Thanks for explaining yourself. I do apologize.

Its cool I was just wondering because you showed your point but then you kept putting my name in there & I was like what in the world did I say to rile u up that much lol.  Hope everythings going better for u now.  Good luck to Union City as well I do think they are the better team upsets are fun sometimes.  Hey I hope we dont but mitchell is good enough we could get upset this week as well I think we will be ready for them though.

I have a question for you BigSwo, and I'm not trying to talk trash. Is UC turnover happy? I've heard they are and I'm just trying to weigh Bruceton's chances. As far as it being a blowout, I really don't think it will be. The amount of heart and resiliency the Tigers have shown this season is astounding, but I've  seen on film how physical UC is, particularly at the line of scrimmage. Bruceton and UC play two different styles of football and it is going to be a very interesting match up. I hope my Tigers win, but it could either way. I think if UC wins it'll be by 2 or more scores, but if Bruceton wins it'll be by less than seven. Go Tigers!

• Upvote 1