Clayton Hughes USJ

yankees8589

Remember this name, Clayton Hughes a sophomore for USJ.

This kid is going to be good and could very well turn into a high major prospect.

He is just now starting his second year of high school basketball and if he continues to get better each year watch out.  Kid might even turn into one of those so called top 100 4 star type prospects. I think that's what going to happen.

Future 150 is ok, i'm talking on a much larger scale than that. lots of future 150 don't pan out in my opinion, this kid is not going to be one of those kids. It's a great camp but just not the same level of competition as AAU.

All I know is this kid can ball and it's possible he could grow another inch or two at least. He is certainly going to have to make his mark in AAU because the level of competition  USJ plays is not that high.

jrmsu, do you know who he played for this past spring summer AAU?

Future 150 is ok, i'm talking on a much larger scale than that. lots of future 150 don't pan out in my opinion, this kid is not going to be one of those kids. It's a great camp but just not the same level of competition as AAU.

All I know is this kid can ball and it's possible he could grow another inch or two at least. He is certainly going to have to make his mark in AAU because the level of competition  USJ plays is not that high.

jrmsu, do you know who he played for this past spring summer AAU?

I think he's already out there Yank.  His words:

http://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/division-one-schools-chasing-clayton-hughes-11140

http://iaelites.com/videos/clayton/

Edited by jrmsu2010

From the video it looks like he has wonderful mechanics on his shot. Gets the ball up high, short quick release. Seems to get off the ground pretty well too. The video doesn't show much defense, except a few blocks, but from the video it doesn't look like he has great lateral movement. Looks to be very upright. A young player can improve that over time, but kids w/o real good lateral movement don't really defend well, and you don't play big time ball without being complete. I would like to see him live.

Edited by TCBinTN

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry warhawk I didn't know you had to be an experienced coach T poster in order to post something valid. Yes I am new to this message board but not new to this Topic. I know there is some truth to this rumor. He plays on a AAU team in Nashville and has close ties/family in Nashville.

Just wondering if anyone else closer to him may know what team he is considering if he makes the move! I'd just hate if a certain team got him

I'm sorry warhawk I didn't know you had to be an experienced coach T poster in order to post something valid. Yes I am new to this message board but not new to this Topic. I know there is some truth to this rumor. He plays on a AAU team in Nashville and has close ties/family in Nashville.

Just wondering if anyone else closer to him may know what team he is considering if he makes the move! I'd just hate if a certain team got him

let me guess the certain team you ate talking bout is CPA