CoachT Division II-AA All-State Team

WesVLT

Mott had an offer from Missouri. He also has offers from several WKU and MTSU types. He even has the stronger Ivey League teams like Harvard. None of these offers Wade has or will have.

Mr. Mott,

With all due respect, Wade has been all region and 1st team all-midstate the last 2 seasons including I believe all-state last season.  He has been a 3 year starter on a nationally ranked team with interest from Navy, Air Force, Mercer, Brown among others.  He will have a place to play if he so chooses.  Not taking anything away from MBA's big 3 or your son, but you don't have to run down another team's player whether you like him or not.  Sounds like sour grapes to me.  

I don't know much or care to know as much as you guys do about high school kids. I do know that Ensworth has ripped off 4 in a row. To an outside observer it seems as though the guy defending MBA and one of their players is brewing with anger and jealousy at the success enjoyed by players, coaches, and fans at Ensworth. I'm sure the Mott kid had a great high school experience and most likely will in college as well.

Mr. Mott,

With all due respect, Wade has been all region and 1st team all-midstate the last 2 seasons including I believe all-state last season.  He has been a 3 year starter on a nationally ranked team with interest from Navy, Air Force, Mercer, Brown among others.  He will have a place to play if he so chooses.  Not taking anything away from MBA's big 3 or your son, but you don't have to run down another team's player whether you like him or not.  Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I am sorry that I have offended you. I have to say that calling me Mr. Mott is petty. Yes, Wade can play college football if he wants, but my point was that Mott has better offers. As far as "running down another team's player" goes, I have done no such thing. I merely believe that Mott is better, and I was debating it on a board designed for that. I would also agrue that Pittman and Xavier Forrest are better than Wade. Just look at their highlights.

I don't know much or care to know as much as you guys do about high school kids. I do know that Ensworth has ripped off 4 in a row. To an outside observer it seems as though the guy defending MBA and one of their players is brewing with anger and jealousy at the success enjoyed by players, coaches, and fans at Ensworth. I'm sure the Mott kid had a great high school experience and most likely will in college as well.

You're putting words into my mouth. I was stating my belief that Mott is better than Wade, and I am in no way brewing with anger. As far as Ensworth's success goes I would congratulate anyone apart of that community reading this. If it makes you feel any better I believe that Pittman and Forrest are better than Wade.

I am sorry that I have offended you. I have to say that calling me Mr. Mott is petty. Yes, Wade can play college football if he wants, but my point was that Mott has better offers. As far as "running down another team's player" goes, I have done no such thing. I merely believe that Mott is better, and I was debating it on a board designed for that. I would also agrue that Pittman and Xavier Forrest are better than Wade. Just look at their highlights.

That's fine.  We can agree to disagree.  Might be petty, about as petty as pumping your own kid because he didn't get an accolade over another player from a rival school.  Comparing a high school center, to a right tackle, to a tight end, etc. completely destroys any creditibility to any knowledge we thought you might have.

"My little Timmy is better, check the tape" - they play 2 different positions.  Why would anyone compare a center to a right tackle?   If Wade was 6'5" I can assure you, things might be a little different and not in your favor.  

That's fine.  We can agree to disagree.  Might be petty, about as petty as pumping your own kid because he didn't get an accolade over another player from a rival school.  Comparing a high school center, to a right tackle, to a tight end, etc. completely destroys any creditibility to any knowledge we thought you might have.

"My little Timmy is better, check the tape" - they play 2 different positions.  Why would anyone compare a center to a right tackle?   If Wade was 6'5" I can assure you, things might be a little different and not in your favor.

I don't know where you come up with these assertains. If we use your logic, then I should call you Mr. Wade. The personal attacks against me are not called for and inappropriate, especially calling me Mr. Mott, when I am not. Forrest may be listed as a TE, but everyone knows that he is essentially an extra tackle. He also lined up at tackle alot during the games. As far as comparing a center to a tackle goes, they both play OL and can be easily compared. The all-state and all-midstate teams classify and compare them as OL, not as center or tackle. Wade's not being 6'5" has little affect on the comparison. 6'2" is enough height to be recruited as a center. Also it helps his being recruited so much by playing center in high school. Most guys that are 6'2" in high school play tackle, which gives Wade a leg up in recruiting over them.

What is the point of all of this?  In my opinion, both players had stellar high school careers and both have received accolades.  I doubt either of them are worried about any of this, so I wonder why this thread continues.  Any type of all-star recognition in football necessarily involves opinion and everyone is entitled to their own without brickbats being thrown.  As I watch this thread dissolve, I am more convinced than ever that Ensworth does it right by not awarding any individual athletic awards (i.e. no MVP, most improved, etc.).  Football is the quintessential team game and both MBA and Ensworth had noteworthy seasons. 

Best wishes to both of these guys as they continue their academic and athletic careers and as they grow into their roles as men and productive members of society.

• 3 months later...