Mckenzie Arena or Cow palace?

fooseball96

I have not been impressed at all with the presentation and atmosphere of the state duals or the state tournament at the cow palace.

Chattanooga is not the geographic center of the state but by numbers it is the center of the state for wrestling so I believe the majority usually rules. Chattanooga is more centrally located between Nashville and the far east of the state which is the vast majority of the wrestling population.

Considering the very few teams traveling from the far west I'd be willing to bet that there are more traveling farther now to Franklin compared to the few teams that were traveling from west of Nashville to Chattanooga in the past.

I don't really care how far we have to travel for state as long as its done right. I do believe that one of the state's college programs should be the host. Realistically that would come down to two choices, UTC or MTSU, both being centrally located.

So I ask again, what needs to be done? How do we get the casual Chatt fan to show up? How do we create more casual fans in Mid TN. My first suggestion is stop calling it the "Cow Palace". The location is the location. Talking down about the venue is not gong to encourage the casual fan to drive from Chatt. In fact, it will do the exact opposite. Llets not contribute to the problem, but become part of the solution.

I have not been impressed at all with the presentation and atmosphere of the state duals or the state tournament at the cow palace.

Chattanooga is not the geographic center of the state but by numbers it is the center of the state for wrestling so I believe the majority usually rules. Chattanooga is more centrally located between Nashville and the far east of the state which is the vast majority of the wrestling population.

Considering the very few teams traveling from the far west I'd be willing to bet that there are more traveling farther now to Franklin compared to the few teams that were traveling from west of Nashville to Chattanooga in the past.

I don't really care how far we have to travel for state as long as its done right. I do believe that one of the state's college programs should be the host. Realistically that would come down to two choices, UTC or MTSU, both being centrally located.

No problem.

Have UTC donate McKenzie for use of the State Championships.

Problem solved. 

Then the TSSAA couldn't get McKenzie because of scheduling conflicts.  That's how much UTC cared about wrestling.  That and money is why it left, you didn't take care of business on your end.

It might be worth it if you sold PSLs in McKenzie or charged $50 for a weekend pass.

Just a thought.

But let me take the opportunity to welcome you to the Cow Palace, home of the Tennessee State Wrestling Championships.

(wink)

Now I wouldn't mind see it go to the Municipal Auditorium.  That would be a great venue for wrestling.

• Upvote 1

lets just compareIMG_0103.JPGphoto-754336.jpg

There is no comparison.  From a floor space standpoint the Cow Palace is much, much better.  As I stated before, I like it when the fans are close, but if I had to choose, we needed the floor space.

They could put all the mats side to side in the Cow Palace and that would draw the fans in closer.

I think its sad where the tssaa is more worried about money. Thats all it boils down to. If it wasnt about money do u think it would be where it is now? No.

I was only half kidding about the PSLs, but TSSAA has to make some money.  I like it that they cannot say wrestling doesn't contribute financially because now it is an incredible revenue producer. I think our coaches should make more demands.  

It would be very difficult to uproot it now.  So lets work on improving it.

I was only half kidding about the PSLs, but TSSAA has to make some money. I like it that they cannot say wrestling doesn't contribute financially because now it is an incredible revenue producer. I think our coaches should make more demands.

It would be very difficult to uproot it now. So lets work on improving it.

I agree

I was only half kidding about the PSLs, but TSSAA has to make some money.  I like it that they cannot say wrestling doesn't contribute financially because now it is an incredible revenue producer. I think our coaches should make more demands.  

It would be very difficult to uproot it now.  So lets work on improving it.

Coaches demands do nothing. Every single division 2 coach voted against the region tournament format implemented this year.