Examiners 5A Spring Top 10

HighLife

^so. Did ya notice that the top 3 teams in that list werent very good last year? Did scheduling tough non-district game help them out? If anything Ooltewah was smart to schedule a few easy ones. But still ya cant really say they have a crap schedule when they go out and schedule Dobyns Bennett and Siegel.

You also can't say you "play the best" when you have "a few easy ones" on the schedule.

I do not think they have the weakest, but it's not near the top. In fairness Coach Mac had nothing to do with this schedule..... I would think he would up grade the other 2 games next year. They are in the largest district in Nooga, so to up grade will need to travel, and have teams come to them. I think Signal would play them and drop Greeneviile, save some travel. Would also think the south Knox teams would jump, some very good history there! Rumor and just rumor next go around Canes will swap Kingsport DB for Maryville..... We shall see.

I sure hope so.  I think the Canes will always keep Signal on the schedule.  The freshmen played Alcoa.  There are several big game match ups that could be on the horizon for the Canes.

Coach Gatewood wants to play the best no matter what the outcome.

^so. Did ya notice that the top 3 teams in that list werent very good last year? Did scheduling tough non-district game help them out? If anything Ooltewah was smart to schedule a few easy ones. But still ya cant really say they have a crap schedule when they go out and schedule Dobyns Bennett and Siegel.

It helped Bradley out.  They played Maryville tough and only lost to Ooltewah by 2.

McMinn was a good team despite their record.  They played everyone close.

I think scheduling tough non-district games helps the team.  It's easy to play cupcakes every other week and coast.  Then you get smacked by a good team in the playoffs.

Cleveland had the 4th toughest schedule and made it to the semi-finals.

How did "scheduling easy ones" work out for Ooltewah in the playoffs?

You also can't say you "play the best" when you have "a few easy ones" on the schedule.

I believe passive said he wants them to play the best, but he doesnt really have any control over who they schedule.. Besides... You dont really know how good a team is going to be until the season starts, last year's schedule is irrelevant. William Blount is a good example of this.. Last year was gonna be sort of a rebuilding year with a new coach and all and they tried to make the non-district schedule lighter. They added Loudon and Mo East because they thought they would be winnable games that could build confidence for the team. They beat Loudon 40-6 but were stunned by Mo East 35-34. Mo East ended up being way better then they could have possibly predicted. In the previous season they went 1-9 and last year they were 9-1! With their only loss being a really close contest against Sevier County. You just cant predict that kind of stuff! Who could have forseen a team that bad making such a turnaround.

I would think the most telling is non district scheduling:

WV - 2 4A & 1 5A & 1 3A

Ool - 2 6A & 1 3A & 1 4A

EH - 2 6A & 1 5A & 1 4A

Bradley - 1 6A & 2 4A & 1 3A

Clev - 2 6A & 1 5A & 1 private

SD - 2 5A & 2 4A

MCM - 2 3A & 1 5A & 1 private

I don't have an issue playing down 1 class when it's a rival or a top tier team, playing down 2 classes can't see! But It's all IMO!

Bradley, WV, McMinn, are 6A the rest are 5A.

Ignorance at its best. This mold of a biscuits can't stand the fact that he is a non factor and wrecks his butter brain trying to convince you that the Owls have a bad schedule. So what I don't care if you play in 1a. A win is a win. Keep posting the past.Still 3 wins ahead. You are not even an honorable mention. Go find a good book to read that's 2014 and put CityScope 2013 in the trash.its over.

I believe passive said he wants them to play the best, but he doesnt really have any control over who they schedule.. Besides... You dont really know how good a team is going to be until the season starts, last year's schedule is irrelevant. William Blount is a good example of this.. Last year was gonna be sort of a rebuilding year with a new coach and all and they tried to make the non-district schedule lighter. They added Loudon and Mo East because they thought they would be winnable games that could build confidence for the team. They beat Loudon 40-6 but were stunned by Mo East 35-34. Mo East ended up being way better then they could have possibly predicted. In the previous season they went 1-9 and last year they were 9-1! With their only loss being a really close contest against Sevier County. You just cant predict that kind of stuff! Who could have forseen a team that bad making such a turnaround.

Like I said if you want to be the best you have to play the best. Trust me the Owls are getting ready to shut it down in 5aaa. No RB rushing for 100 yds on that YOUNG defense in 2013. You will be lucky to get 50 this upcoming season. And yes 5aaa had a passing fiasco on the Owls. Throw it and see who's catching it this season.

That's right we gon shut it down. #lop Talking about what happened in 2013 won't help. Sorry:/

^ i feel the same way pretty much. I would rather see my team win against a cupcake then lose to a powerhouse anyday. Especially with the way the playoff system now it is good strategy to try and schedule winnable games to help you get into the playoffs.

It don't matter whether it's a cupcake or a burnt biscuit a win is a win.

It helped Bradley out.  They played Maryville tough and only lost to Ooltewah by 2.

McMinn was a good team despite their record.  They played everyone close.

I think scheduling tough non-district games helps the team.  It's easy to play cupcakes every other week and coast.  Then you get smacked by a good team in the playoffs.

Cleveland had the 4th toughest schedule and made it to the semi-finals.

How did "scheduling easy ones" work out for Ooltewah in the playoffs?

your schedule did not help you either . You did not win the big one. Oh I 4 got the Owls was your imaginary trip to Cookeville. Congrats. Now give us something to talk about in 2014. Who is the workhorse on offense/defense. Do you have a unit of experience that have played together for some time? ?