Nashville Catholic Wrestling

mjgIII

Any idea when club will sign up? We have wrestled in Wilson Co in the past but we plan to stay in Davidson Co and want to be a part of a club a little closer! Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Also, does a kid have to be a part of a Catholic School to wrestle with your team?

NCW club is for boys k-8 and sign up is November 30 @ 4:30 in the Father Ryan wrestling room.  You do not have to be a member of the Catholic school system to participate on either the club or the middle school team.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions

Thank you for the feedback! I've been watching the website bit hadn't seen anything posted. I do have one other question. I have an older son that's in 8th grade that will wrestle for his school in Metro and won't be finished til the first of the year, I know sounds crazy but metro is odd at times. Could I bring him out as well? Ryan would be closer for us than Lebanon where we have been going. It's my 8 year olds 5th year of wrestling and we just want something closer where he can still progress and learn. My whole family has been in that program or a part of it in some way and we would like too as well!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the feedback! I've been watching the website bit hadn't seen anything posted. I do have one other question. I have an older son that's in 8th grade that will wrestle for his school in Metro and won't be finished til the first of the year, I know sounds crazy but metro is odd at times. Could I bring him out as well? Ryan would be closer for us than Lebanon where we have been going. It's my 8 year olds 5th year of wrestling and we just want something closer where he can still progress and learn. My whole family has been in that program or a part of it in some way and we would like too as well!

Absolutely.  Love to have him.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nashville Catholic Wrestling will have a parents meeting and first practice Sunday, October 19, at 4:30 in the Father Ryan wrestling room. Practices will be Sundays 4:30-6:30 and Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30-7:15.   NCW is open to any 5th-8th grade boy.  Please visit our website at www.nashvillecatholicwrestling.com for more info.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just emailed a a link posted on the website. I just wanted a little more info regarding club. The website says registration is on Jan 7 or sometime around then. The schedule posted also says club will not start in til mid Jan. is this correct? I know many AAU tournaments begin at the beginning of December. We would def like to be on the mat before them If at all possible. Any feed back is greatly appreciated. I know we plan to be participating in the earlier tournaments in Dec. but will def need some mat time before then. I figured the late start for club may be due to the MS season still taking place. Also when would club practices be held? Who will be the club coaches and how many participant would you anticipate for crumb snatcher ages and will experienced coaches be involved with those ages. Thanks for all your help. We are just trying to decide to stay where we are or make the change to NCW. We are very interested in making the change in attempt to finding a good room to push our kids. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shaner Gobbell