7th Grade Girls Select Basketball Open Gym Try Outs

coach77

Select Basketball 2020 (7th Grade girls) will be holding Open Gym try outs from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Lipscomb Academy Elementary Gym located at 3901 Granny White Pike on the following three Sundays in October.

Sunday October  5th, 12th and 19th. 

2:00 - 4:00 p.m.

Cost is $10 per player

Please contact Coach Marcus Bodie at info@selecttn.org if interested in trying out or to get more information. 

Select Basketball is a faith based 501C-3 non-profit organization dedicated to providing an opportunity for girls and boys in middle Tennessee to develop their basketball skills while also developing character traits like the value of teamwork, discipline, hard work and commitment through involvement in a highly competitive AAU basketball program.  Go to www.selecttn.org to learn more about Select. 

Select Basketball 2020 finished the 2014 6th grade AAU season with a record of 47-9 including four tournament championships.  Select finished 2nd at the Tennessee AAU State Tournament (Div II) and finished 5th at the AAU National Tournament (Div II). 

Select has a solid core group of team members returning from last year's stand out team but is looking to fill 2-3 open spots for the 2015 season. 

Select will be coached in 2015 by Marcus Bodie.  Marcus is a former All American standout at Lipscomb University where he played for legendary coach Don Meyer.  Marcus finished his career at Lipscomb as the single season and all time leader in steals in all of college basketball.  Marcus is a seasoned high school and AAU coach that has coached numerous boys and girls teams at just about every level through high school.  He will bring relentless energy and enthusiasm and a love for the game to this year's team.  We are excited to have him as coach. 

Please contact Coach Bodie at info@selecttn.org if you are interested in trying out for Select so that you can register ahead of time.  Try out spaces are limited.

Edited by coach77

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job. 
    • I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf  
    • The administration took the path of backing the coach and whispering to people that the kid was a problem. The reality is that the kid was never a problem on a team or classroom. The player says she has witnessed who back her not saying the f-word.  Why did the coach make that story up and other stories? I am not Sigmund Freud and do not have an answer for the ex=-coach's behavior..  
    • I think they have they coach they want close to being done. I guess we will all see how this plays out. I hope the hire a good one. There are some players in the box for the next coach to work with. 
    • Going to grundle Troy Fleming?