Clay County goes 2-0 @ Watertown Classic

UTRok

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WilliamPayne

Goodpasture got called for 16 more fouls than did Clay Co. And GP playing without a starter. Plus Payne kid played his worst game in 2 seasons. GP beats then by 10-15 if any of that is just reasonably different. Not significantly, just reasonably different. They are good, but GP beats them in a rematch no question.

I disagree Clay didn't involve there big boys at all. They shut down the big kid he didn't even score the first half. I see nothing different in a rematch. Clay had a ton of turn overs and didn't play well at all. See I thought if Clay worked the ball inside they beat GP by 10 or more. We may very well see come region time.

Guest WilliamPayne

Im going by what the coach from Cumberland University said. He said he thinks overall Clay is very talented but they won't be able to hold the Payne kid downlike that twice. Then you add there other starter to the mix and just remotely swing the foul calls and its a 10 pt winby GP all day.

Guest WilliamPayne

the official foul total in that game at 1 point very late in the second half was 24 - 5!!!!! that is a minimum of 30 more scoring opportunities for Clay County. and a kid that is averaging 24 points per game only had 8. Still Clay only managed a 3pt win. Granted Clay Co CLEARLY had something to do with that!!! But you cant expect to win like that every night. Even if the fouls go plus 10 in favor of Clay and Payne only gets 14, GP wins. Add to that a starter that will contribute 12 ppg minimum, GP wins that game by 10 minimum.

Guest WilliamPayne

One last comment and I promise I'm done, lol. Im truly only making friendly debate here. Please, dint take it to harshly. They are all just opinions. The one thing that would worry me if I were Clay Co is that while you did a good job stopping Payne from scoring, at 6-4 he led all players in rebounds. that's over a 6-6 and 6-8 kid.

Were all entitled to our opinions and all is well but I have one negative comment abut the Payne kid. He went through the had shake line and never shook hands or spoke to a single player on the Clay team. I understand emotion and all but no room at all for that type of action.