Region 1

humorwrestling

No Johnson from THS in the finals at 152 with Jeffers? Heard English dropped and so did Latham. Ruth should beat Townsend soundly. I'm personally not impressed with Hux or Yother at 126.

No, no Johnson for me. But the only common threat I can see is Palmer Begley pinned Johnson in a minute and Broyles in 3 1/2 minutes. About it. I'm sure whoever is opposite Jeffers has a chance to reach the finals.

Well if they drop 182 is clearer and so is 220.

I said I thought Townsend would be in the finals not win. Who is your hwt finals choice?

Yother may have the best motor in region 1. I like the way the kid comes hard.

Maybe your choices should be posted so it's clear your thoughts on top kids.

• Upvote 1

No, no Johnson for me. But the only common threat I can see is Palmer Begley pinned Johnson in a minute and Broyles in 3 1/2 minutes. About it. I'm sure whoever is opposite Jeffers has a chance to reach the finals.

Well if they drop 182 is clearer and so is 220.

I said I thought Townsend would be in the finals not win. Who is your hwt finals choice?

Yother may have the best motor in region 1. I like the way the kid comes hard.

Maybe your choices should be posted so it's clear your thoughts on top kids.

I wasn't thinking and forgot about Broyles at 52 I keep thinking he graduated for some reason. I watched Jeffers at region duals and I really don't see him beating Broyles. Broyles will probably get the 1 seed at 52.

106-Nelson

113-Bynum

120-Blanco

126-Hux still not impressed

132-Hurley

138-Pendley/Carpentre

145-Henley

152-Broyles

160-Begley

170-Dean

182-English

195-Bagley

220-Hagerman

285-Ruth/Townsend

My picks to win all should be pretty cut and dry not sure on 138 and 285.

I wasn't thinking and forgot about Broyles at 52 I keep thinking he graduated for some reason. I watched Jeffers at region duals and I really don't see him beating Broyles. Broyles will probably get the 1 seed at 52.

106-Nelson

113-Bynum

120-Blanco

126-Hux still not impressed

132-Hurley

138-Pendley/Carpentre

145-Henley

152-Broyles

160-Begley

170-Dean

182-English

195-Bagley

220-Hagerman

285-Ruth/Townsend

My picks to win all should be pretty cut and dry not sure on 138 and 285.

I wouldn't say 120 is clear cut. Davis beat Blanco and Story beat Davis. Seems like both Blanco and Davis have been around for a long time or is it just me? Oh well. Don't count Story out.

Pretty sure Hux beat Hurley last year so his resume isn't without any big wins. Heard he was sick or something for part of the season.

I would not count Jeffers out against Broyles. Could be a good match. Broyles just needs to get over that hump and win on the big stage. Good kid and hope he does.

I like Nguyen against English. One because I have been able to see him improve thru the offseason tournaments and hard work in the room with King Greene and that's a lot of weight he is cutting and never know the effect. English is a tough wrestler and no disrespect but still a big weight cut. Again not saying who wins just that I think it's a better match than some will expect.

Edited by baller95

I wouldn't say 120 is clear cut. Davis beat Blanco and Story beat Davis. Seems like both Blanco and Davis have been around for a long time or is it just me? Oh well. Don't count Story out.

Pretty sure Hux beat Hurley last year so his resume isn't without any big wins. Heard he was sick or something for part of the season.

I would not count Jeffers out against Broyles. Could be a good match. Broyles just needs to get over that hump and win on the big stage. Good kid and hope he does.

I like Nguyen against English. One because I have been able to see him improve thru the offseason tournaments and hard work in the room with King Greene and that's a lot of weight he is cutting and never know the effect. English is a tough wrestler and no disrespect but still a big weight cut. Again not saying who wins just that I think it's a better match than some will expect.

Picked Blanco strictly off of experience here. I was definitely impressed with Hux last year not so much this year. May be the sickness is why. Definitely can't count Jeffers out against anyone just don't see him being able to beat Broyles. It'll be a decent match. Remember Broyles has wrestled Begley the past 2 seasons in the finals. Last year he went up to 60 simply for the challenge. IMO wasn't his best move. Nguyen is good but English is just too much of an athlete for him. They are technically equal.

Below would be my favorites to reach the finals:106 - Nelson (TN) / Williams (SH)113 - Burns (JC) / Bynum (DC)120 - Story (SH) / Davis (DB) / Blanco (JC)126 - Hux (JC) / Yother (SH)132 - Hurley (TN) / Armstrong (Vol)138 - Pendley (TN) / Charpenter (Vol)145 - Henley (TN) / James (SH)152 - Jeffers (DB) / Broyles (MW)160 - Begley (DB) / Jessee (SH) / Spangler (TN)170 - Dean (DB) / Rolston (SH)182 - Nguyen (SH) / shoot out between TN/DB/Vol wrestler195 - Bagley (SH) / English (JC)220 - Hagerman (TN) / Latham (JC) / Foster (DB)285 - Ruth (DB) / Townsend (JC)I'm sure I missed one or two but what I see as region front runners.

132 from Volunteer is tough. I think he will beat THS.

Below would be my favorites to reach the finals:

106 - Nelson (TN) / Williams (SH)

113 - Burns (JC) / Bynum (DC)

120 - Story (SH) / Davis (DB) / Blanco (JC)

126 - Hux (JC) / Yother (SH)

132 - Hurley (TN) / Armstrong (Vol)

138 - Pendley (TN) / Charpenter (Vol)

145 - Henley (TN) / James (SH)

152 - Jeffers (DB) / Broyles (MW)

160 - Begley (DB) / Jessee (SH) / Spangler (TN)

170 - Dean (DB) / Rolston (SH)

182 - Nguyen (SH) / shoot out between TN/DB/Vol wrestler

195 - Bagley (SH) / English (JC)

220 - Hagerman (TN) / Latham (JC) / Foster (DB)

285 - Ruth (DB) / Townsend (JC)

I'm sure I missed one or two but what I see as region front runners.

Also- English (JC) is now at 182/84 dropped six pounds from his walking around weight... 190...

And

Lathem (JC) is now at 195

Edited by BlackknightGATA