Thank You

CoachBray

I have always been grateful to coach the greatest sport on earth.  Wrestling has been so good to me throughout my life and career.  It has helped me mold young men in many aspects of their life.  Unlike most sports, wrestling is a tight knit community.  We battle each other hard during the regular season but form lasting friendships and cheer for each other come the post season.  

This tight knit community has never been more evident than what I have been through during the last couple of weeks.  Losing a player/wrestler is very traumatic for a coach, family and community.  I was very fortunate to have many of you call and text me to check on me and my guys.  Many of you shared in similar experiences and know of the heartache and pain that we all were experiencing.  You knew of the personal pain only to be compounded by the hurt of your guys and their families.  No doubt, it has been tough to get through but it has been so much easier with because of the wrestling community reaching out to us.

Much more impressive than everyone checking on my well being and the well being of my guys is how the wrestling community bonded and lifted us up during this time.  I cannot express the gratitude of people from ALL over the state contributing and helping Daniel's family throughout all this.  Schools, booster clubs, teams, coaches, parents, and many individuals went out of their way to make sure his parents got what they needed to cover funeral and medical expenses.  I was in shock by how many people from so many places have contributed their help.  I cannot thank you all enough for rallying the troops and taking care of this great family.  

I will be forever indebted to the compassion, gestures, and prayers for all of us during this tragedy.  Many signed the banner at the state tournament.  It is now hanging in our building to forever remind us of Daniel and the fellowship of Tennessee Wrestling.  Many wrestlers dyed their hair orange as a tribute and sign of respect.  I was an awesome sight to see.  Others had T shirts made, emblems on their warm ups, etc.  It will all mean more to me than you will ever know.  I also want to thank the TSSAA for handling this difficult situation with so much class and compassion.  The Winters family and myself were very impressed with everything and all you did was very touching.  

So a big thank you to all who have helped me, my family, my team, and my community deal with this.  I am grateful for you and I will always be indebted to you.  I am very proud of our Tennessee Wrestling community.  You all helped raise us all up in our time of need and I cannot thank you enough.

Ronnie Bray

Wrestling Coach

Blackman HS

• Upvote 1