Buster vs. Roy on Thursday Night at the S.E.

govu

Yes Basketball fans, the announcement was made this morning by the Lewis County Sports Council that there will be a black and gold intrasquad scrimmage this Thursday night at Spears Gymnasium. Joshua "Buster" Keltner will put his 2-0 coaching record on the line against Larry "Roy" Rodgers who has a 9-1 record. The game will begin sometime around 4:45

pm. In making this announcement, Howard "the Bear" Spears, President of the Sports Council, had these comments "After my internet company purchased the downtown arena in Hohenwald it was renamed Spears Arena. I have pledged to the sports fans of Lewis County to provide quality sports entertainment. This match-up of Buster's Gold squad versus Roy's Black squad is just the first of many amjor sports venues that fans can look forward. We are also in negotiations with several area Wrestlers at this time and are putting together a card for an event in the near future. Also fans can look forward to Spears Arena being the host site of several major concerts of Country Music's Biggest and Brightest stars. Among those musicians currently in negotions are legendary musicians Rob Inman and Six Stroke, Kenny Durham and the Sunshine Band, Larry and Vernalissa Walker." It appears now that Lewis Countians will not have

Guest Scalper

An award winning crew of Officials has been reserved for this game which will surely be an intense rivalry. Travis McKissack will be the head official assisted by Billy James and Richie Anderson. Just this morning Buster was spotted in the driver's ed. room consulting with Coach Spears about implementing the 34-30 defense. More on this story as it develops.

It is being reported that Thursday night's game will be broadcasted on STV(SpearsTV) channel 3430 on Dish Network. Rumors are also ciculating that Coach Rodgers has been having 2 a day practices since learning of this monumental game. A "high offical" with the board of education, said this game could play a large role in the future of the Lewis County Middle School's basketball program. Some fans feel that Coach Rodgers who went undefeated last year and won the "National Middle School B-Team Championship" with a 9-0 record is still in depression after losing his beloved 8th grade class of last year and might not be able to recover after an 0-1 start this season. Devoted fan and personal friend of Coach Rodgers, Brad Tenry had this to say: "I believe Rodgers will turn things around this Thursday night. He helped cheer me on when I was in high school and I shall return the favor for him this Thur. night." Good luck to both teams and coaches!!

This morning Howard "the Bear" Spears, President of the Lewis County Sports Council announced that a Pep Rally will be held this afternoon at the SEC (Spears Entertainment Center) in honor of tonight's mega-matchup between Rodgers Dodgers and Keltner's Kannibals. The contest will be a showcase of great talent and coaching as Rodger's Dodgers will unleash a full-court fun-n-gun style of play versus Keltner's Kannibals stingy half-court defense with a power inside game. Also an all-star three man officiating crew has been acquired for this intense rivalry. The battle royal will begin this afternoon at approximately 4:45 pm. Come out early if you want a good seat. All junior pro basketball coaches attending the game are encouraged to sit behind the team benches as Keltner and Rodgers will surely be putting on a coaching clinic.