Battle of Morristown 2015: MoWest vs. MoEast

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the teams' records and our No. 2 ranking. The Hurricanes would love nothing more than to get their first win of the year over the school that lies on the West side of Cumberland Street.

Predictions?

As a East fan, I would love nothing more then getting a win this Friday. At this point in the season we will be happy with any win. The problem at East, is are Defense hasn't stopped anyone all year. We do not tackle well, and are still blowing pass coverage. I do not understand why the Coaches haven't try something else to fix the problem on Defense.

West is going to have a chance to complete for a State Championship the way they play defense. This years game is a bad match-up for East. The Offense will need to score at lease 28 points against one of the best Defense in the State. East will need 3 too 4 turnover from West just to keep this game close.

I hope we can give you a game, if not, maybe next year their will be some changes that will aloud East's too complete. I hope this isn't a repeat of last year game. GO CANES!

Edited by Morristown48

As a East fan, I would love nothing more then getting a win this Friday. At this point in the season we will be happy with any win. The problem at East, is are Defense hasn't stopped anyone all year. We do not tackle well, and are still blowing pass coverage. I do not understand why the Coaches haven't try something else to fix the problem on Defense.

West is going to have a chance to complete for a State Championship the way they play defense. This years game is a bad match-up for East. The Offense will need to score at lease 28 points against one of the best Defense in the State. East will need 3 too 4 turnover from West just to keep this game close.

I hope we can give you a game, if not, maybe next year their will be some changes that will aloud East's too complete. I hope this isn't a repeat of last year game. GO CANES!

East's offense is good, but their defense is like the 2012 Vols almost.

It might be a little early to be thinking state championship yet. Still have a lot of work to do before that.

I honestly don't see this one being close, East will be knocking off some rust from the week off, and by that time West might already be up by 21.  East can score but I don't know if they've faced a D like West, factor in the East defense against 2 hot RBs and a steadily improving passing game and this one could get ugly. Emotion always plays a part in this one and East might come out and make a big play or 2 early, but as the game goes on the depth and talent of West will show. My prediction is 35-0 West

Edited by motownanddown

I honestly don't see this one being close, East will be knocking off some rust from the week off, and by that time West might already be up by 21. East can score but I don't know if they've faced a D like West, factor in the East defense against 2 hot RBs and a steadily improving passing game and this one could get ugly. Emotion always plays a part in this one and East might come out and make a big play or 2 early, but as the game goes on the depth and talent of West will show. My prediction is 35-0 West

I'll say 35-7. East's offense will score against our reserves in garbage time.

I'll say 35-7. East's offense will score against our reserves in garbage time

You could be right on the score, but I sure hope your are wrong. With 2 weeks to get ready for Morristown West ,at lease East should have a few surprise on offense. Getting Beat 2 years in a row badly by West will not cut it at East! This game should go either way every year. Right now, Morristown West has the upper-hand. Really not sure why West has been so much better then East these last 2 years. Is it coaching or is it talent or maybe East is being out worked during offseason workouts?

I just want this game to be competive each year, East side of town needs

to make it happen! Go Canes!

Edited by Morristown48

You could be right on the score, but I sure hope your are wrong. With 2 weeks to get ready for Morristown West ,at lease East should have a few surprise on offense. Getting Beat 2 years in a row badly by West will not cut it at East! This game should go either way every year. Right now, Morristown West has the upper-hand. Really not sure why West has been so much better then East these last 2 years. Is it coaching or is it talent or maybe East is being out worked during offseason workouts?

I just want this game to be competive each year, East side of town needs

to make it happen! Go Canes!

East has had talent, so probably all the factors you mentioned except that one are true.

And yes, games like the 2011 regular season game that was televised are the kind of games I enjoy. I just don't see that happening this year though.

Any given year the talent is about equal on both sides of town. There are some years, like this one, where one side is a few tiers above the other in terms of talent but it normally evens out.  Talent definitely isn't the problem for East, the 09 team was absolutely loaded and West came in and dominated that game, When East beats West its always been on West down years 04, 08, 13 being the last 3 times it happened. To me this points to coaching, Wells may be able to turn it around in the next few years but I think the culture Hatcher created around that program is going to have negative effects for a while. The disrespect he actively showed West didn't make beating them any easier either.

Any given year the talent is about equal on both sides of town. There are some years, like this one, where one side is a few tiers above the other in terms of talent but it normally evens out.  Talent definitely isn't the problem for East, the 09 team was absolutely loaded and West came in and dominated that game, When East beats West its always been on West down years 04, 08, 13 being the last 3 times it happened. To me this points to coaching, Wells may be able to turn it around in the next few years but I think the culture Hatcher created around that program is going to have negative effects for a while. The disrespect he actively showed West didn't make beating them any easier either.

If you think it is coaching, do you think coach wells can turn the program around? It looks to me we are headed in the wrong direction, Last year 6-5 didn't win a game against any teams with winning records. This year 0-5 and the Defense to this point is just plain terrible. I know we have to give Coach Wells a chance to build East program, but these 1st two years haven't looked too good. As far as Talent goes, their is not a whole lot coming from the middle schools ,for either  high School. Jefferson Co. and Grainger Co. has own the middle schools the last couple of years. So with that being said, Coaching become more important then ever. No matter what, I am still pulling for my canes, you never know, this could be the one time East's wins.

Edited by Morristown48