John Klock Classic (Elizabethton High School Jan 16, 2016) Needs 1 Team

REVDL

I had a team drop out today for my dual tournament and am looking to add one team I am attaching information below with tenative schedule. I may have to move teams around once I see who takes the final spot. If interested here is my contact info:

Contact Info: Donnie Shipley                                                          

Elizabethton Wrestling Coach                                               

Cell (423)794-9882                                                  

Work (423)547-8015                                                               

Shipleyd2@k12tn.net

Coach John Klock Classic Duals Team Info:

Date: January 16, 2016

907 Jason Witten Way

Elizabethton TN 37643     

Entry Fee: $150.00 per team

Please make checks to Elizabethton High School Athletics

Do Not Mail Checks!!!  Bring all checks to weigh-ins

Tournament Information:

If you are reading this then you have committed to coming to the 2nd Annual John Klock Classic dual tournament on January 16th at Elizabethton High School. Currently we are full with 16 teams committed. It looks to be an awesome day of great wrestling. Below you will find a list of current teams, a schedule for those teams coming in on Friday night to get some extra matches in and a schedule for Saturday with the pools as I have them currently set up. I tried to separate as many people as I could from teams they might see regularly (like I tried not to have 2 Knoxville teams together or two VA teams together) and I also tried to separate based on teams past successes and this year’s expectations to try to keep all the pools relatively the same strength so that two teams that should be facing off in rounds 4 and 5 don’t see each other in the same pool. It was difficult, but I do think that I got everyone separated and the pools as closely balanced as I could. If you have questions or are in a pool with a team you will see several times this season don’t hesitate to email me and I’ll try to accommodate a switch of a couple of teams around if I can make it work. We will be operating on 4 mats all day and I anticipate us finishing everything up including awards before 6PM. On the day of the event we will have T-shirt vendors and concessions available all day. We will have a hospitality room available for coaches, referees, administrators, and tournament workers. I ask if possible each team bring a book keeper (they will get a hospitality pass) to keep the book for matches. I will provide clock keepers, boppers, table runners, trainers, etc… for the day but for each match there will need to be a designated book keeper.  We will be giving plaques for the top 4 teams in the tournament and the championship team will also receive a set of team medals as well.

Teams Committed:

From TN:

Bearden (40th in AAA state), CAK (12th in A/AA state), Chattanooga Central (7th A/AA), David Crockett, Elizabethton, Fulton (34th in A/AA state), Greenback (24th in A/AA state), Sullivan East (19th A/AA in state), Knox Webb (16th Division 2 state)

From VA:

Union (20th in AA state), Virginia High School (23rd in AA state), John Battle (26th in AA state), J.I. Burton

From NC:

Cannon High School (Concord NC), West Henderson

Contact Info: Donnie Shipley                                                          

Elizabethton Wrestling Coach                                               

Cell (423)794-9882                                                  

Work (423)547-8015                                                               

Shipleyd2@k12tn.net

Friday Schedule

Weigh-Ins 5PM

Wrestling Begins at 6PM

Round 1

Elizabethton vs. Webb

Bearden Vs Cannon

Happy Valley vs. CAK

Happy Valley Middle vs Webb Middle

Round 2

Elizabethton vs CAK

Bearden vs. Happy Valley

Cannon vs. Webb

T.A. Dugger vs. Webb Middle

Round 3

Elizabethton vs. Bearden

Happy Valley vs. Knox Webb

CAK vs. Cannon

T.A. Dugger vs.Happy Valley Middle

Saturday Schedule:

Weigh-Ins 7AM-8:30AM

Wrestling will begin at 9AM

Round 1: 9AM

Round 2: 10:30AM

Lunch 12:00PM

Round 3: 12:30PM

Round 4 2:00PM

Round 5 3:30PM

Championship Ceremony 5PM

Pool A (Mat 1):

1.  Cannon
  2. Elizabethton
  3. Greenback
  4. J.I. Burton

Pool B (Mat 2):

1. Chatt Central
  2. Crockett
  3. Fulton
  4. VA High

Pool C (Mat 3)

1. Bearden
  2. John Battle
  3. Webb
  4. TBD

Pool D (Mat 4)

1. CAK

2) Sullivan East

3) West Henderson

4) Union

Pools Schedule:

Round 1: 1 vs. 2 & 3 vs. 4

Round 2: 1 vs. 3 & 2 vs. 4

Round 3: 1 vs. 4 & 2 vs. 3

Round 4: Pool A Champ vs Pool D Champ (Mat 1)

Pool B Champ vs Pool C Champ (Mat 2)

Pool A 2nd place vs Pool D 2nd place (Mat 3)

Pool B 2nd place vs Pool C 2nd place (Mat 4)

Pool A 3rd place vs Pool D 3rd place (Mat 1)

Pool B 3rd place vs Pool C 3rd place (Mat 2)

Pool A 4th place vs Pool D 4th  place (Mat 3)

Pool B 4th place vs Pool C 4th  place (Mat 4)

Round 5:

Winners of each round 4 match wrestle & Losers of each round 4 match wrestle (example: if Pool D Champ wins against Pool A Champ and Pool C champ wins against Pool B Then Pool D will wrestle Pool C for 1st  and 2nd place in the tournament and Pool A will wrestle Pool B for 3rd and 4th place)