Rhea, Fulton, Cookeville scrimmage- what happens

Well folks, it's here! Rhea travels to Knoxville on Friday for a 3-way scrimmage with Cookeville and Fulton. What does everyone think? Cookeville can be somewhat of an unknown but generally they are not up to the level of Rhea and certainly not of Fulton. Fulton is usually very physical and will have some athletes. I think we beat Cookeville by a few touchdowns and Fulton will be close.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks, it's here! Rhea travels to Knoxville on Friday for a 3-way scrimmage with Cookeville and Fulton. What does everyone think? Cookeville can be somewhat of an unknown but generally they are not up to the level of Rhea and certainly not of Fulton. Fulton is usually very physical and will have some athletes. I think we beat Cookeville by a few touchdowns and Fulton will be close.

Rhea County is definitely the favorite against both of these. They have a smashmouth formation, the top two rushers from last season returning in Cody Bice and Mason Stephenson, deep talent at the halfback and fullback positions, an o-line that will boast an average height of around 6'1 and weigh around 250 lbs that can drive the ball down the field, and an experienced and explosve front seven. Cookeville can compete well, but I think Rhea handles them pretty well. Fulton is a power in 4A almost year in and year out that is expected to fall off a bit this year, but it has yet to be seen how far they will fall if at all. I think they play Rhea closer than Cookeville as well, but I think the Fulton/Cookeville portion will be a great one.

CHILD PLEASE!! NO WAY!! Cookeville gets beat by a few TDs in either game. On paper, yes Rhea co. Is the favor in both scrimmages, and I look forward to seeing what Murphy Fair calls " The Three Horseman" from Rhea co.. When it comes to Fulton the word is they could be down this year with only 7 returning starters, but I will have to see it to believe it. They seem to always have a good team. When it comes too Cookeville I hope everyone keeps sleeping on the cavaliers this year, as the famous rapper Drakes lyrics say "I hear fairy tales 'bout how they gon' run up on me, Well run up when you see me then and we gon' see!" The Cavaliers are a very SOLID team this year who is my dark horse to WIN, yes I said WIN, the region 2-6 A distract. So I expect some real competitive scrimmage games Friday. Can't Wait!

#fearthestash

Edited by daddykriley

I think all three will be pretty evenly matched. Rhea is the favorite going into the 3 way but Fulton will give us a great look, especially fulton's offense should challenge our defense with our young but athletic secondary. A player we didn't see last year when we scrimmaged Fulton was their now sophomore QB. This kid is a very good football player. Cookeville will be big and physical like us but athletically Rhea should be better. Both will give us good looks but very different looks too.

Rhea County is definitely the favorite against both of these. They have a smashmouth formation, the top two rushers from last season returning in Cody Bice and Mason Stephenson, deep talent at the halfback and fullback positions, an o-line that will boast an average height of around 6'1 and weigh around 250 lbs that can drive the ball down the field, and an experienced and explosve front seven. Cookeville can compete well, but I think Rhea handles them pretty well. Fulton is a power in 4A almost year in and year out that is expected to fall off a bit this year, but it has yet to be seen how far they will fall if at all. I think they play Rhea closer than Cookeville as well, but I think the Fulton/Cookeville portion will be a great one.

The favorite????? It is a scrimmage, but bring that attitude! We don't know anything about smash mouth football.

The favorite????? It is a scrimmage, but bring that attitude! We don't know anything about smash mouth football.

I'm simply saying that I see Rhea coming out with more points. You guys have a great program that I have always respected and I look forward to watching. Should be a great learning experience for all three teams.

I'm simply saying that I see Rhea coming out with more points. You guys have a great program that I have always respected and I look forward to watching. Should be a great learning experience for all three teams.

Nope, believe me, we are not very good. Can barely take a snap or tackle.

CHILD PLEASE!! NO WAY!! Cookeville gets beat by a few TDs in either game. On paper, yes Rhea co. Is the favor in both scrimmages, and I look forward to seeing what Murphy Fair calls " The Three Horseman" from Rhea co.. When it comes to Fulton the word is they could be down this year with only 7 returning starters, but I will have to see it to believe it. They seem to always have a good team. When it comes too Cookeville I hope everyone keeps sleeping on the cavaliers this year, as the famous rapper Drakes lyrics say "I hear fairy tales 'bout how they gon' run up on me, Well run up when you see me then and we gon' see!" The Cavaliers are a very SOLID team this year who is my dark horse to WIN, yes I said WIN, the region 2-6 A distract. So I expect some real competitive scrimmage games Friday. Can't Wait!

#fearthestash

I think Cookeville is a great team. I had a cousin graduate from there and both of his parents are business owners and his mother is on the Rotary board. Cookeville slept on Rhea when we first came to the district in 2013, but proved that you have to play all 48 minutes in 2014 when it took a miracle touchdown from the late Jacob York to win it. I am rooting for the Cavaliers to win their region this season, and look forward to facing them Friday. I am just excited about some football.

Nope, believe me, we are not very good. Can barely take a snap or tackle.

I think you all have a good shot at winning your region this season, so I anticipate a great scrimmage, and a great season from Fulton in general. Definitely looking forward to meeting you in a scrimmage. I was there the last time you guys played Rhea County in the regular season. Definitely earned my respect. I think this will be a competitive scrimmage from all three teams, and I am excited to get these scrimmages rolling so we can get to the regular season.