Segal football 2003

Guest titansfan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

They just selected the principal for Siegel on Friday...so it is not possible to have a coacch yet. Ken Nolan from Oakland High will be the principal. Do you have any ideas who might get the coach??I know that Coach Britton from Riverdale and Coach Watson from Blackman will apply. Do you think either have a shot??

Guest region4fan

I heard from a very reliable source that said that Watson will apply for Siegel IF Alsup does not resign after this season. If alsup resigns, then Watson will be a shoe-in for Blackman. Please correct me if that is incorrect.

Watson and Britton would be good choices but what about Bobby Wells from Smyrna. He is their D-Coordinator and I think he deserves mentioning. Smyrna's Defense keeps them in many games and doesn't give up a lot of points. The kids love him and play hard for him. I know Smyrna catches flack for this or that but Bobby Wells will be an outstanding Head Coach.

You gotta throw to score, but you gotta run to win.

Guest region4fan

I never thought about Bobby Wells from Smyrna. You are right that Smyna's defense does well. I thought he had his doctorate and was going to try to get the principal position at one of the schools. (Rock Springs assistant principal, Christiana Middle asisstant principal, Lavergne assistant principal, or even Oakland)I don't believe I have ever head of Coach Wells applying for a head football job. Has he?

Guest region4fan

I am surprised too that Coach U would consider leaving Oakland. He has developed an outstanding program there. He does have many starters returning...but will the zone lines take a lot of that talent on the freshman team? Many always just think that Blackman took all of Riverdale's players, but they also took many of Oakland's freshmen that year too. The Coffee County thread is also mentioning Coach Ferguson from OHS as a candidate for their head coach. Do you know anything about that?I would hate to see that fine group of coaches all split up. They are fine, Christian men and more teams need coaches like that!