Memphis continues to dominate D2-A

WilsonJr1990

This may come off as either arrogant or trash talking, which it's honestly not meant to be. I used that headline to get some clicks and discussion on the topic 😆

Having said that, it's hard to argue that Memphis hasn't dominated this league the past few years. Obviously, there has been some competition, but they have won the past two football and basketball titles and have 3 out of 4 in the semis in basketball this year.

I know that these things tend to go in cycles, but the main thing I'm wondering is will the schools coming over from D1 change this? West TN remains the same essentially, only losing schools that were not competitive.

Again, I understand how these types of things work in cycles and am more interested in how the new schools I'm the division will compete.

This may come off as either arrogant or trash talking, which it's honestly not meant to be. I used that headline to get some clicks and discussion on the topic

Having said that, it's hard to argue that Memphis hasn't dominated this league the past few years. Obviously, there has been some competition, but they have won the past two football and basketball titles and have 3 out of 4 in the semis in basketball this year.

I know that these things tend to go in cycles, but the main thing I'm wondering is will the schools coming over from D1 change this? West TN remains the same essentially, only losing schools that were not competitive.

Again, I understand how these types of things work in cycles and am more interested in how the new schools I'm the division will compete.

To be fair, most of the most successful private schools in middle and east have been Division 1 up until this year. Not much, if anything will change (other than the addition of a 3rd class in football) in west tennessee as the main private schools in west are already division 2. What will change drastically is the competition for west tennessee schools at the sub state and state level as the main private schools in east and alot more in middle are now joining division 2. I would imagine west will continue to dominate in basketball in division 2 as they mostly do now in division 1 as well. Will still get tougher though, and will get much tougher at sub state and state levels for the other sports.

To be fair, most of the most successful private schools in middle and east have been Division 1 up until this year. Not much, if anything will change (other than the addition of a 3rd class in football) in west tennessee as the main private schools in west are already division 2. What will change drastically is the competition for west tennessee schools at the sub state and state level as the main private schools in east and alot more in middle are now joining division 2. I would imagine west will continue to dominate in basketball in division 2 as they mostly do now in division 1 as well. Will still get tougher though, and will get much tougher at sub state and state levels for the other sports.

That's basically what I was wondering, how those teams coming over will affect things. I don't know much about those programs so I'm looking for some East/Middle perspective

So Webb winning 5 out of 8 gold balls since joining the division is the west dominating? Interesting.

Come on, man you know what I was saying! I specifically said the past few years. Fact of the matter is that Memphis has won 4 of the last 5 championships in football and basketball and has a good chance to make it 5 of 6 this weekend. I know about Webb's great success also. Like I said, I was really looking for what level of competition the programs coming over would bring, as I do not know too much about them.

Come on, man you know what I was saying! I specifically said the past few years. Fact of the matter is that Memphis has won 4 of the last 5 championships in football and basketball and has a good chance to make it 5 of 6 this weekend. I know about Webb's great success also. Like I said, I was really looking for what level of competition the programs coming over would bring, as I do not know too much about them.

Last year none of the teams coming over on the east/middle side were better than Webb. That being said they should all show big improvements as they will be able to have scholarship players.

I don't follow basketball enough to know that topic.