SEYMOUR @ CLINTON wk 2

92Dragon

Seymour comes to Clinton next Friday 0-1 losing to David Crockett 13-8 in wk 1. Clinton comes in 1-0 after beating Scott County 10-0.

I have a feeling Clinton's offense will look much better this week. We have a great coaching staff and I'm sure they will get some things fixed.

Predictions?

Edited by 92Dragon

28 minutes ago, DragonVol said:

Could be another defensive battle. I do think clinton will look better on offense. Dragons need this game. And I think they'll get it. Dragons 24 Eagles 13

I don't know about you, but I would like to see them use Bouchard at qb for a couple of possessions just to see what he can do.

Harrison has struggled throwing the ball all summer long. No offense to Harrison because I think he is a great kid. We used 10 different running backs last night, but we didn't try another qb. 

On 8/19/2017 at 5:12 PM, DragonVol said:

I agree 100%. Some of his passes were not even close. You're rebuilding a team, have little to no expectations, why not give somebody else a chance? Heck put luke at WR. 

I promise you one thing, whoever the back up QB is cant do any worse. 

I think our offensive line and Bouchard have better chemistry than they do with Harrison for some reason.  

But like I've said before, I'm sure the coaching staff and Harrison are working hard to get better. But if he continues to struggle, I don't see any other option but to let the backup show you what he can do in a game. The backup is a senior, so he should be mature enough. We will see what happens.

1 hour ago, dkota44 said:

Seymour's losing 13-8 makes me think that the Clinton defense can have another big day, and win another low scoring game. Offense will definitely have to step up though.

I can't promise anything, but hopefully we will get our starters back for this game. If not all, at least a couple. Fingers crossed! 

On 8/21/2017 at 3:59 AM, 92Dragon said:

I think our offensive line and Bouchard have better chemistry than they do with Harrison for some reason.  

But like I've said before, I'm sure the coaching staff and Harrison are working hard to get better. But if he continues to struggle, I don't see any other option but to let the backup show you what he can do in a game. The backup is a senior, so he should be mature enough. We will see what happens.

I don't think the QB is seeing the field it's my opinion that he throws to his first read I seen other guys running wide open Friday night he never looked.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EastTennesseeExpert said:

If the QB play is that bad then that falls on the coaching for allowing it to happen.

The coaches are working with both our qbs on a daily basis. They must think that the current starter gives us a better chance of winning is the only thing I can think of.

At least he didn't have any turnovers last Friday night. Hopefully he will come out this Friday night and look a lot better.

I hope our defense picks up where they left off!! I love me some defense!!

4 hours ago, zero said:

I don't think the QB is seeing the field it's my opinion that he throws to his first read I seen other guys running wide open Friday night he never looked.

I saw that too. There's going to be a time that a very good defense will shut down our running game and we're gonna need to be able to throw the ball to loosen up the D.  

We have the athletes out there.....Just get them the ball. Haha

Excited to see the Dragons pitch a shutout after the defense we've seen the past 2 years. Not sure what Seymour has this year after going 6-5 last year. I feel like they'll be a step up in competition than what Scott was. Hopefully we'll put up more points. I saw in the Courier, where last week's game was the lowest scoring game Clinton has been involved in since defeating Oak Ridge 6-0 in '92. What a game that was! I know for a fact that was the largest crowd ever at Town of Clinton stadium. It was packed!!!

• Upvote 1