Morristown East vs Cherokee

EASTFAN

Great game by Morristown East and a good job by coach Wells and his staff. There must have been a come to Jesus meeting last week, because this is the best East has looked all year. I know calling out East High coaches for not getting the job done the first two weeks can be hard. I know East’s has talent and it is up to Coach Wells and his staff to do their job. I have no problem giving the coaches correct when the do a good job. My take was the offensive line finally blocked somebody. (I wonder what changes were made up-front) Offense play calling was good for a change, you kept Cherokee off balance all night. The defense finally started hitting people, you were the more physical team tonight. Football is really a simple game if you just follow these 5-game rule.

1. Must control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball

2. Do not turn the ball over!

3. Do not beat yourself with dummy penalty (this is still a work in progress, why too many motion penalty)

4. Do your job! If you your man is the quarterback, then you tackle him every time the ball is snap. To play great defense, everyone must carryout their assignments.

5. Must win the special teams battle. (This goes for kicking, receiving and punting)

I expect the same level of improvement next week against Campbell Co. or we will be looking at another repeat of the Jefferson County game.  

Edited by EASTFAN

15 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

Great game by Morristown East and a good job by coach Wells and his staff. There must have been a come to Jesus meeting last week, because this is the best East has looked all year. I know calling out East High coaches for not getting the job done the first two weeks can be hard. I know East’s has talent and it is up to Coach Wells and his staff to do their job. I have no problem giving the coaches correct when the do a good job. My take was the offensive line finally blocked somebody. (I wonder what changes were made up-front) Offense play calling was good for a change, you kept Cherokee off balance all night. The defense finally started hitting people, you were the more physical team tonight. Football is really a simple game if you just follow these 5-game rule.

3. Do not beat yourself with dummy penalty (this is still a work in progress, why too many motion penalty)

4. Do your job! If you your man is the quarterback, then you tackle him every time the ball is snap. To play great defense, everyone must carryout their assignments.

5. Must win the special teams battle. (This goes for kicking, receiving and punting)

I expect the same level of improvement next week against Campbell Co. or we will be looking at another repeat of the Jefferson County game.  

Campbell County might be a rough one for East. Don't see them winning that one but they should beat TN high 

17 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

I am sure the players and coaches are very grateful to have your aproval this week. 

Didn't look like they made any changes up front, same five starters on the o-linefrom the first two games. Same plays, same play calling. The difference seemed to be execution, and its much easier to execute when you aren't outmanned up front like East was the first two weeks. 

1 hour ago, REALEASTFAN said:

I am sure the players and coaches are very grateful to have your aproval this week. 

Didn't look like they made any changes up front, same five starters on the o-linefrom the first two games. Same plays, same play calling. The difference seemed to be execution, and its much easier to execute when you aren't outmanned up front like East was the first two weeks. 

if your statement is correct, and come down to execution. Then who fault is it when your team doesn't execute the game plan. Coaches are responsible for getting their team ready to play, and base of the 1st two weeks the other teams coaches was better at it. This outmanned things up front is not the reasons they lost their 1st to games. Morristown West and Jefferson Co. did when the battle up front most of the time, but turnovers and terrible tackling had more to do with losing. Yes, I fell this team could have or should have won their 1st two games, because the talent is there,  I just thing Morristown West outplayed us in the 2nd half and we were never there against Jefferson Co. One thing is for sure, we better be ready for Campbell Co. or it could get way out of hand.

On 9/2/2017 at 4:52 PM, REALEASTFAN said:

Not an East fan but I have to side with Eastfan here. Hes a supporter that wants whats best for his team even if the truth hurts and he isn't gonna wear orange blinders. He had the right to be upset when East didn't show up at Jeff County bc he knew they were better than they played just like I stated my opinions last year about West a few times