4A Region 3 vs. 4A Region 4

Stowedaway

1 hour ago, geo1126 said:

Macon and La will win Friday !! Book it

Anything is possible, with a lot of luck and playing near perfect football will better their chances, but the 4 teams coming out of R4 to play those in R3 will have way too much speed for MC, LA, DC, & SM to handle.  None of the 4 teams  in R3 have seen game speed like they're fixing to see on a weekly basis.  It DOES make a difference, on both sides of the ball.  It's hard to tackle an offensive skill player that you can't put your hands on, and it's just as hard to get away from defensive players that close fast and get to the ball.  I would bet all that I own that ALL 4 coaches in R3 are most concerned about the collective speed that they are about to encounter on Friday night.  Not to mention how physical each one of these teams are.  On the other hand, the coaches in R4 are aware that their opponents are well coached, disciplined, and hard nosed teams.  By this time of the year, most teams in the playoffs are disciplined, well coached, and hard nosed.  The difference will be SPEED.  Advantage goes to R4.

Edited by hollowman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, geo1126 said:

That's what Tc said too!!

They may have, but can you honestly compare Trousdale Co. to a Marshall Co., Spring Hill, or a Maplewood?  Nolensville, although collectively, not as fast as the other 3, still has more speed than what I believe that any of the R3 teams see consistently.  As I look at Macon Co.'s schedule, I see some good opponents.  Macon Co. is definitely a good football team, but I know that y'all will be in for a long night (or extremely short one after the mercy clock begins in the 2nd half) if y'all don't have 4 or 5 kids that can run.   And I mean run.  Even if y'all are able to muster up a win, there's no doubt your kids will say that SH is the fastest team they've seen to date, only to be more shocked the following week when they play Marshall Co.  Playing in round 2 is a far cry and not likely going to happen for Macon Co. 

Edited by hollowman

2 minutes ago, hollowman said:

They may have, but can you honestly compare Trousdale Co. to a Marshall Co., Spring Hill, or a Maplewood?  Nolensville, although collectively, not as fast as the other 3, still has more speed than what I believe that any of the R3 teams see consistently.  As I look at Macon Co.'s schedule, I see some good opponents.  Macon Co. is definitely a good football team, but I know that y'all will be in for a long night (or extremely short one after the mercy clock begins in the 2nd half) if y'all don't have 4 or 5 kids that can run.   And I mean run.  Even if y'all are able to muster up a win, there's no doubt your kids will say that SH is the fastest team they've seen to date, only to be more shocked the following week when they play Marshall Co.  Playing in round 2 is a far cry and not likely going to happen for Macon Co. 

3 key players are no longer with Spring Hill as of last Friday night so Macon may very well put Spring Hill out in round one.

3 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

3 key players are no longer with Spring Hill as of last Friday night so Macon may very well put Spring Hill out in round one.

That's tough for SH and a good thing for Macon Co., but was one of those that speedy little RB?  How about that big ol' lineman, #55?  Minus 3 key players is not good, but I'm certain they have other kids that can play, and play fast.  All that to say, if Macon Co. does come away with the win, they'll be more than shell shocked the following week vs your kids.

Edited by hollowman

20 minutes ago, hollowman said:

That's tough for SH and a good thing for Macon Co., but was one of those that speedy little RB?  How about that big ol' lineman, #55?  Minus 3 key players is not good, but I'm certain they have other kids that can play, and play fast.  All that to say, if Macon Co. does come away with the win, they'll be more than shell shocked the following week vs your kids.

#5 their best receiver, their second best receiver and their best defensive lineman. Losing those receivers will make them very one dimensional

Edited by leadfarmer

18 minutes ago, hollowman said:

Thanks leadfarmer.  But I still don't see that being enough for Macon Co. to have that big of an advantage in taking home the W.  We shall see.

On top of that the coach is trying to implement the wing the this week. Who changes the offense the week of the playoffs?

1 minute ago, leadfarmer said:

On top of that the coach is trying to implement the wing the this week. Who changes the offense the week of the playoffs?

Wow!  Sounds like a classic case of a coach outcoaching himself.  Ok, I may have to hunt a crow this evening and start preparing the smoker for some bird on Friday night.lol

Just now, hollowman said:

Wow!  Sounds like a classic case of a coach outcoaching himself.  Ok, I may have to hunt a crow this evening and start preparing the smoker for some bird on Friday night.lol

Carlisle has just as many rushing yards as Smith and about the same amount passing. Losing those players just gave Macon a huge advantage. If they can hold Smith to 150 yards they have a chance.

35 minutes ago, hollowman said:

One of the mav fans menchined that they may do that as well in the playoffs. I see that as being scared of the opponent. Don’t go away from what got you there