Shelby County

BigSneaky

I do not think TN counties with only one high school could be compared to Shelby County. Although, it is good that you support all of your county teams. The best I could do to try and top that would be to say that Carroll County had 4 high schools (Huntingdon, West Carroll, Bruceton, and Mckenzie)of 5 represented in the TSSAA playoffs the 5th being Clarksburg (which does not have a football program). 2 made it to the Quarterfinals and 1 is in the Semi-finals. So I could say that 100% of the high schools with a football program made the playoffs.

I may be wrong, but Lewis County, Decatur Co. (Riverside), and Obion County(2 - OC and UC) could also state that they had 100% of their county teams in the TSSAA playoffs.

I would guess there are several more.

[Edited by wannab on 11-26-02 11:27P]

I play for a Shelby County team and we beat Briacrest. I commend these teams for winning state..but don't jump up and down for them, b/c look who they played to get their during their season and the road to the championship game. Bryne has no schedule and they play one game to get to the championship?...

Well, let's see, Mr. Purple Wave, you of all people should know that we just play the hand we are dealt. Playing in the Division II side of things doesn't allow us to choose our path of opponents. Yes, Byrne did play only one game to make it to Nashville, but don't put them down for it. Support them for what they've accomplished. Look at the rest of teams Briarcrest beat - Ridgeway 13-10, MUS 24-21 (I believe you lost to them also), Kingsbury 30-0, ECS 26-14, Harding 27-0, and BGA 16-13. Yes, we have only three rounds in Div. II-AA, but our schedule is no slouch. Thanks for the support, though.

Good season to you at CBHS.