Lipscomb drops Goodpasture

Guest firebird55

Guest firebird55

Lipscomb's defense stops Janco and Turner with 1 int. and 2 fumbles. Lipscomb rolles past Goodpasture 29-0. Good luck to the Goodpasture squad. Sweetwater look out for the mustangs!

Reactions to the game.

;)

It was obvious from the onset that Lipscomb wanted this game more than Goodpasture. They are an extremely talented team that is well disciplined with great coaching. I was really impressed with their quarterback, Elrod. Boy, if he's just a sophomore, the rest of 2-A better watch out the next 2 years. I know Goodpasture was playing without Buggs, but I'm not sure it would have made any difference last night. I'm a Cougar fan and hated to see this outcome, but last night, the better team definitely won. Good luck to Lipcomb next week. And Cougars, thanks for a great year!

FireBird....

Sweetwater played a great game and won big...32-0. The defense has been playing better each week. Over all, they pretty much took care of OS's power offense. The offense still needs to get sharper. They failed to put it in a few times in the red zone. Still a great game on both sides of the ball. Any info on DL? What have they been doing lately that's given them these big wins?

Guest bigtymedlhs

I would like to agree with you on the fact that the gp squad showed great poise in the game friday night.. Under other circumstances.. I don't thikn that they could have done any better a job than they did in their post game actions.... the fans however.. get into the game more.... I heard Lipscomb had almost 2 times as many fans there and they were into the game the whole time...

In Goodpastures' defense, the entire school was already out on Thanksgiving break and many had left town. However Lipscomb did a great job. The difference with this team and any I've seen the last few years was the QB. This kid is good. Cougars never had a problem defending Flatt either through the air or on the ground. Elrod really made a difference. Great job! Keep the title in the region.

On the first game between Goodpasture and Lipscomb there was a GP student fan flying a flag that said "Santiago Who?". After last friday's game the same fan waited for Santiago to come out of the locker room and presented him with the flag and wished him good luck for the next games. High School football cannot get better than that.

GP refect well their coaches and school.