Smyrna Beats Oakland,,,,

Guest Jessica

I must say that was a good win by Smyrna. I for one didn't think Oakland could lose this game. The jury is still out on the Bulldogs. If they could get better guard play they may be a team to be reckon with. Kenyonna Swader had a solid game including a monster alley-oop dunk at the end of the game. For Oakland they didn't shoot the ball well from the outside. Keep an eye on Derrick Duggin he dominated in the paint for the Patriots (23 pts including 2-2 3pts).

This was a huge win for Smyrna. I agree with Mister02 that I didn't think there was any way for Oakland to lose this game. I had watched Oakland a number of times in the preseason, and they looked GREAT, and very well balanced. Oakland looked great early on with their 1-2-2 half court defense, giving Smyrna fits. But it was Smyrna's sagging 2-3 witch Oakland was never able to figure out in their 55-49 loss........

Smyrna:

Swader was very good in his usual all-around game. Any one that doesn't absolutely LOVE his Potential is insane. He ran PG the majority of the second half, and finished with 13 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists (5-8 FG), including a monster Alley-oop slam that brought the house down to end the game...... Warner put up 17 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocked shots, and 4 steals. Though he didn't shoot the ball very well, Brett did everything else..... Sr G Chad Caldwell added 10 points on 2-7 3pt shooting...... Smyrna shot 23-39 (58%) from the field, including 3-8 (37%) from threes......

Oakland:

As already mentioned, Oakland was led by an outstanding performance by 6'4 Sr F Derrick Duggin, with 23 points (2-2 3pts) and 9 boards....... Outstanding Sr G Joe Barker was very quiet with 8 points and 3 steals, and just 2-11 shooting..... Jr F Marease Crawford, fresh from Football, added 8 points and 3 boards..... But the other surprise for Oakland was the play of Jr PG Ro Murray, who had 6 points, but a game-high 9 assists and 3 steals...... Oakland shot just 18-52 from the field (34%) and 6-24 from threes (25%).....