McMinn vs. MCentral

logcabinman

3 hours ago, logcabinman said:

I have watched Central a couple of times in scrimmages and the offense looks like it will be able to put up some points this year. I have no clue about McMinn other than they are really down from last year. Thoughts?

Hiring Coach Moody was the best hire Central has made in a long time!  You'll see a new attitude with the football players, which will generate wins, and that will affect the youngsters in your local football little league programs who will want to play for the Chargers some day.  Coach will need some time to build what he wants, so the fans need to be patient. But you'll see a difference in this, his first year, and you'll like what you see.
McMinn did lose a ton of talent off last years' team, but I think they'll have enough raw talent to win this game.

5 hours ago, MCCS87 said:

McMinn could name their score in this one... Central struggled in their scrimmage to York and Sequoyah and Copper Basin aren't near as talented as McMinn even with the talent that graduated.. McMinn 35-6

I thought Central did pretty good the 2nd half of York scrimmage. Looked a little shell shocked the first half. 

Remember, against Seq. They fumbled first possession allowing Seq to score from around the 10. After that Seq could do nothing offensively until 1st drive of 2nd half. Central scored pretty much every possession, with 3 being called back.