Northwest High needs LEADERSHIP!!!!!!! (gomab)

crossup

Northwest they are having serious leadership problems, I mean serious, they don't even get up for the games (Coach). Their Point Guard is their leading Scorer (Kevin Townley) 15 points a game 6 assist, 4 rebounds.

But this is Thomas Haynes team, its time to step up. North needs more then 9 points a game from Thomas Haynes if they want to win anything. a back-yard chicken fight. I told everybody that Kevin would come to play every-night, but he can't do it by him self (he had the flu against Mt Juliet and still scored 13 points to lead North),,, Just not going to happen..

I watch North-west play one game this year and it was sad to see a Team with that much talent get blow out the GYM by Mt Juliet that is at the most a Average team.

I must say I'm eating alot of my words (Ha Ha) yall can laugh, but at the same time it is early in the season. Once Mr. Haynes realizes what him and Mr. Townley can do together Northwest will be O-kay so please don't count them out yet...

Kenwood, Clarksville & Northwest High Schools right now are under-achieving, together they won 2 games??? What is up with Clarksville no-wins yet?????

Northeast has stepped up early-I will support you North-east go Eagles!!! Northwest still my team!!!

Remember last year Maryland University 0-3 start National Champs--Oklahoma killed Maryland by almost 30 points???

Northeast is clearly the best team in Clarksville at this point... It should end up between Henry Co and NE for the district crown.....

Kenwood has the best duo, but is having major problems, or so I've heard.....

Northwest is not very good. Also...there is no way Townley is averaging 15 ppg. You said he had 13 vs Mt Juliet. He had either 2 or 4 vs Oakland. They lost by 30 to Lebanon scoring just 40-something points. No way Townley has scored 45 points in the other two NW games that I don't have stats for..... Just an observation.....

Clarksville High could be the surprise team of the district, behind the motivated play of Jr Quinn Bradley. Clarksville had a big win (upset) over a very good Oakland team on the road, and just a 5 point loss to another very good Lebanon team..... CHigh could make some noise.....

I wasn't at the other games so I wouldn't know, I think he had 6 at the Oakland game and 6 at the Lebanon Game.. I was told the coach told him to not be the the leading scorer, just pass the ball.. That coach is very weak!!!!!!

I'm proud of Clarksville, I heard they played their buts off, and left everything out on the Court GO Clarksville...

Townley's stats 15 against Cheatum, 15 against Beech, and 13 against Mt Juliet, 6 against Oakland and 6 against Lebanon... Those are the true stats and still leads Northwest in Scoring...thats BAD!!!!!?????

Gomab,

I have had the opportunity to see some teams that you keep up with quite a bit - Oakland, Clarksville, Kenwood, and Smyrna. I think these teams are still trying to work some floor combinations to get the right chemistry ready for their upcoming distict slates. Here are my oppinion on some of the players that you have previewed.

Smyrna

Swader - Lacks aggresiveness and long range jumper that make him a big time prospect. Needs to be more of a leader on the floor. Needs to use his size to post up smaller defenders. At this point I think a JC could help devlop his game to get him to the mid-major or major D1.

Nelson - I liked this kid's game. He seems to be a hard worker and very aggressive around the bucket. Nice touch 4-6 feet. Either he or Swader need to step up and be the leader of this team. Lacks size he will need to be effective at the next level. Must work on facing up to the basket and footwork could use a lil improvement. Probable low D1

Kenwood

Sampson - Great ability, seems to be a hard worker. Liked his size and court awareness. Works extremly hard to get open (Kenwood does a poor job of getting him the rock) down low. Great potential, haven't seen him play since pre-season but think he has a shot at high mid-major school. Must stay focused on the little things that will continue to improve his game (footwork,free throws)

Oakland

Barker- I think I caught Oakland on a bad night. Their coach (Randy King) was not at the game due to a previous engagement (son was getting married) and I really don't think that team was very focused on Clarksville. Joe shot the ball pretty well but his leadership on the court was lacking. He needs to step up and be more vocal to his teammates to become the leader that team needs to advance in the post-season. I was impressed with his ability to penetrate, nice ball fakes, made nice cuts away from the ball to get himself open. Speak up Joe, your team might not like it but they need to hear it from you occasionally. Mid- major potential possible prep school to get himself ready for college.

Clarksville (I appologize but I can't remember any names.)

Clarksville came into the Boro looking for their first win and handled a pretty good Oakland team. I was impressed with their ability to score in transition and they way they move the ball up and down the court. Got good minutes from their guard play and their defense seemed to give Oakland fits all night. Hit free throws down the stretch to seal the win. Didn't see much post play from this bunch as they like to penetrate and kick out for open trey's. Probablly the best outing I have seen so far this year by any team. Should compete for a district title in their league.

Good luck to all these young men and their respective teams as they enter district play. Hope you had a nice holiday Gomab, maybe I'll run into you again this summer.

I agree with IDunk2, Gomab my mistake thats 11 points per-game (for Townley) Hey I must agree everything you said this year are coming to light!!!! You made some bold statements, and they are pretty straight, but I think District Play will be a different Story....

Wow I heard just hear say, that the REF's were cheating real bad on North-west in both games and the Coach took his starting 5 out in the middle of the Lebanon Game. Any body hear of this?????? I also heard Townley got tackle on his head and the Ref never called nothing is this true???

I know Ref would not cheat these kids, at least I hope not....

I find this hard to believe, but I was told by a Oakland Player..and he started laughin...I said thats not kool........

Anyway if some-body was at the game please comment on this.

GOMAB you got me right now but the season just starting..right now you got two thumbs up, and I'm two thumbs down... HA HA HA, see you at the Clarksville Game!