Bearden Basketball

JournalEntry

1 hour ago, KnoxBBall1993 said:

Wow. 2 kids that transferred from Karns and 1 from the East side (all did so coming out of middle school) out of 30+ kids on the roster freshmen, jv, and varsity. That is quite a recruiting job!

Yes definitely more work for JP to do to keep up with his girls counterpart and JJ. But, with more time there I think he will be able to make it happen. He just needs some more experience.

14 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

Big John passed away almost 3 years ago. For someone who has been following Bearden basketball for 20 years, you should really know about the legacy of Big John, and since you were unaware of his passing, that’s all I need to know about you and your false claims of knowledge.

IMG_3913.jpeg

I knew John well. Drove the bus for years. May he rest in peace, he was a fantastic human.

3 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

Yes definitely more work for JP to do to keep up with his girls counterpart and JJ. But, with more time there I think he will be able to make it happen. He just needs some more experience.

He’s won over 400 games in his career.  What more experience do you speak of? You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about 

Edited by KnoxBBall1993
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, KnoxBBall1993 said:

He’s won over 400 games in his career.  What more experience do you speak of? You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about 

He’s doing a fine job at BHS, certainly keeping the standard right where CMB left it. I just look forward to him getting some more experience in a big job like Bearden. Those wins at Hawkins County don’t really count, anytime they saw real competition like DB they folded.

43 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

He’s doing a fine job at BHS, certainly keeping the standard right where CMB left it. I just look forward to him getting some more experience in a big job like Bearden. Those wins at Hawkins County don’t really count, anytime they saw real competition like DB they folded.

5 state tournaments in 7 years at Bearden…Wins 83% of his games at Bearden…Sounds like those numbers speak for themselves.  Who are you to say his wins don’t count? You are a keyboard warrior troll all-american! Trying to throw shade at one of the best coaches and programs in the state…smh. Take your ball and go home. Stay in your lane

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KnoxBBall1993 said:

5 state tournaments in 7 years at Bearden…Wins 83% of his games at Bearden…Sounds like those numbers speak for themselves.  Who are you to say his wins don’t count? You are a keyboard warrior troll all-american! Trying to throw shade at one of the best coaches and programs in the state…smh. Take your ball and go home. Stay in your lane

Yes and as I’ve said multiple times, Jeremy has certainly done his part in maintaining that high standard set by Coach Blevins. Not intending to be negative in any way. I look forward to seeing him develop as a coach as he gets more experience at this level. I think we saw that today in a close matchup vs Coach Jody Wright. That’s the difference that experience makes in coaching high level prep basketball.

2 hours ago, JournalEntry said:

Yes and as I’ve said multiple times, Jeremy has certainly done his part in maintaining that high standard set by Coach Blevins. Not intending to be negative in any way. I look forward to seeing him develop as a coach as he gets more experience at this level. I think we saw that today in a close matchup vs Coach Jody Wright. That’s the difference that experience makes in coaching high level prep basketball.

Get out of here with that stuff.  Fulton has their big 3 recruits that Jody Wright stole from AE and Bearden did not. To me it seemed like Bearden was outmatched, but they coached a good enough game to win and was one chase down block away from winning that one.  You are not worth responding to anymore after these takes about "experience".  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KnoxBBall1993 said:

Get out of here with that stuff.  Fulton has their big 3 recruits that Jody Wright stole from AE and Bearden did not. To me it seemed like Bearden was outmatched, but they coached a good enough game to win and was one chase down block away from winning that one.  You are not worth responding to anymore after these takes about "experience".  

I dont have a dog inthe fight between you and journal but I don’t understand attacking a good man like cjw character he’s a legend. Seems to me that too good programs played last night and the old guard got the new guard. It’s why you play the games. I personally love it it when a veteran gets the best of a younger coach to show there’s still something about age and wisdom congrats to both on a great game and good luck to both moving forward

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, OneEyedKing said:

I dont have a dog inthe fight between you and journal but I don’t understand attacking a good man like cjw character he’s a legend. Seems to me that too good programs played last night and the old guard got the new guard. It’s why you play the games. I personally love it it when a veteran gets the best of a younger coach to show there’s still something about age and wisdom congrats to both on a great game and good luck to both moving forward

I’m sorry you have a problem with facts. Both coaches are veterans btw. Two great coaches and programs for sure

26 minutes ago, KnoxBBall1993 said:

I’m sorry you have a problem with facts. Both coaches are veterans btw. Two great coaches and programs for sure

sorry bud. I dont know as much about bhs basketball as the other folks in this thred. Im just goingby the article I read earlier. just trying to give cjp the benefit of the doubt since hes only been coaching the big boys for 6 or 7 years. didnt count those early Cherokee years. Would say that apples to organs. Didnt mean to offend

• Upvote 1