Oak Ridge in Nike TOC

WillieTheWildcat

I decided to look for some info on Georgetown (TX) the team Oak Ridge will face in their first game of the Nike Tournament of Champions, Dec. 19 in Phoenix, AZ.

Georgetown (TX) High School has a super web page that I believe people will enjoy visiting. http://www.georgetown.txed.net/faculty/ghs...BBall/index.htm

According to the site, the Lady Eagles have already played nationally ranked competition and have two players who have verbally committed to Division I schools. Also, if I'm reading the players' biographies correctly, a Texas magazine has named three players First team all-state.

Erica Kovach, 6-0 senior post, has over 1695 career points and has scored over 28 points on nine different occasions with a best of 45 points in a single game last season. Kovach has also over 275 career steals. Look for 6-3 senior Megan Gooch to give Oak Ridge trouble inside as well. The University of Memphis commitment has over 109 career block shots and single games bests of 8 steals and 21 rebounds.

The guards appear to be led by 5-7 senior Tori Alloway a Centenary commitment. The two time team captain had 150 assist last season with a game high of 14. Calli Ebeling, a 5-9 senior, and Hanna Pool, a 5-8 junior, have both hit five 3-pointers in a game. Ebeling also dished out 134 assist in the 2001-2002 season.

Hopefully, the Lady Wildcats will play their best and enjoy the trip out west. Best wishes to Oak Ridge! :(

Thanks, Willie.

The tournament website is Nike TOC

Look for Oak Ridge's schedule in the Swin Cassh Division

Oak Ridge's games will be broadcast: Link

By the way, I know how to spell Cash. For some reason when you add links to messages it duplicates some letters in the text and won't let you edit it out.

[Edited by coacht on 12-14-02 9:36A]