White County

Guest ZARE

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two wins in 95, two in 96, two in 97, and at least one in 94 and 98. I think more like 8-3 would be closer to Coach Slatten's record v/s Lewis Co. Sorry this is getting off track of the White Co. message board but just had to reply to the 3-8 v/s Lewis Co post.

Well I am not sure where meanjeanjr got his info from, but I don't even think that Lewis Co. beat Perry Co. 3 times during Slatten's 5 years there. Even if Lewis Co. did beat Perry Co. they probably should've because Perry is A and Lewis is AA. Anyway-back to White Co., from what I hear the program is just rebuliding and every teams goes through that stage. Give it a few years and if Slatten still isn't winning then find a new coach. Give him a chance to do what he needs to to get the program back on track and give these White Co. threads a rest! ;)

To any body talking about spartas 8th grade,

yea, they have two solid players in crain and clark,...

but besides Brentwood, who have they played that is any good at all. The toughest team theve played is prolly warren co. Are u saying that they are beter than cookevilles freshmen? Thats ludicris. And your forgetin about spartas freshmen.

Guest bigmac24

sPARTA 'S 7 TH NEVER CAME CLOSE TO THAT COOKEVILLE TEAM I HAVE BEEN AT EVERYONE BECAUSE I KNOW THE KIDS FROM COOKEVILLE I DON T KNOW WHERE U ARE GETTING YOUR INFORMATION BUT IT IS CLEARLY WRONG THE CLOSEST THEY CAME WAS 17PTS SO IF U ARE GONNA START DISSING TEAMS THEN GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT OKAY BUDDY!!!!!!

volplaya...I have to ask this question. Kirk Haston - a future hall-of-famer? You have got to be joking. Does he even get off the bench in New Orleans? I will be surprised if he ever STARTS in the NBA. A future NBA player will make more difference in A ball than he probably would in AAA. He would still need coaching, though. Everybody makes it sound like Slatten has rode talent to the winning seasons he has had. Let's wait until he gets some better talent in Sparta, then see how far he can ride it. No coach, no matter how good he is, can win without talent. Lack of talent is what makes a lot of coaches go into other professions.

Winning without talent is almost impossible. This team has

improved a lot since the start of the season. We can stay

in the game with anybody we play. If Slatten couldn't coach

we would get killed every district game. You need to get

behind our program and coaches. Our talent is the weakest

I have ever seen in my 30 years of going. As long as they

hustle and try their best,I'll be ther to support them.

Whited is a great friend and coach. But for two or three

years,he had the best talent in White Co. history.

benchcoach, I can't believe what I'm about to say. I totally agree with your last post. We've had our differences here and there, but we are in total agreement on this point. A coach has to have talent to win big. They can be competitive with mediocre talent, but big-time talent has to be there to produce the big-time wins. That's what Whited had. Name any Sparta boys' team that has had that much talent over a 4 to 5 year stretch. Maybe the "Blitz Kids" in the early 70's, but that's it. All programs have lulls. The Shelbyville girls have dropped off the radar a few times. Look at the UNC Tarheels right now. It's going to take talent, and a lot of it, to win in 7-AAA ball. Sparta isn't there yet. They're going to be. I just hope Slatten is still around to coach them when it happens.

By the way, here's a good mark for you benchcoach.