Bradley fans

thegatling

Since i have wrestled a Bradley wrestler, I know that they're a respectful team with plenty of class. Every wrestler from Bradley ive met has been nice and a true class act. Their coach reflects their behavior, obviously and they have a good program. The fans of Bradley get on everyone's nerves though. I wish that everyone who wants to get on here and talk about how Bradley could beat everyone in the south would go get on the women's vollyball board cause no one here wants to read it. I don't see how Catlett or Creagan can stand up right with Sly patting them on the back so hard. Bradley's good, but until they wrestle McCallie or Baylor or Ryan, will yall please shut up about what would happen. ;)

[Edited by thegatling on 1-4-03 4:08P]

gatling, I haven't seen one post from a Bradley fan who said Bradley could beat everyone in the south. I can't even remember seeing a post saying Bradley can beat everyone in Tennessee. If you'll check most post regarding Bradley have been in defense of what is usually a DII school attack. There have been some childish post from some Bradley supporters just like those from other schools. Sly has posted his opinions on this web site about Bradley wrestlers and coaches just like everyone else has for their school, including YOU. I know it is a little different but you seem to have a pretty high opinion about CBHS. I remember several post about Marable(?????) and your little brother come to mind as wrestlers you've patted on the back. Thats fine that is what this web site is for. But remember one thing saying things on this board is one thing and doing it on the mat is another. As far as Bradley goes I too think they'll win this year(Soddy proved me wrong at the Duals last year) and Creagan and Catlett are my picks to win state along with Cordell and Gibson. Who knows there may be other Bears grapplers like West, Tinsley, Blackmon, Baker or Cooper who'll win the state too. That's my opinion like it or not!

Mobee1,

Well said. As a Bradley supporter, you must realize a few things that are just good old human nature.

The first is that when you're working hard and earning some success for an extended period of time, you become a target who will be picked apart until something is exposed or misunderstood. It's more fun to cheer against a villain after all.

The second is that some people will attempt to instigate an argument or draw others to their way of thinking. When you've finally heard enough and dare to defend yourself, you open yourself up to accusations of arrogance or being "thin-skinned".

Kind of a no-win situation, don't you think?