Fred Sparkman

Guest phishguy

Guest phishguy

What are everyone's thoughts on Columbia's Sparkman. The guy is amazing and has a verbal commitment to North Carolina. I saw the guy play in person and he can flat out play on offense or defense.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

The thing about Sparkman is he makes the big plays, big hits and is usually at the right place at the right time.

He's got decent speed and strength. If he's a coachable kid then that is exactly what college coaches are looking for. I personally would rank him in the top 5 in the state just because of his "field awareness".

I saw Fred play every game for the last three years and he was the best player on the feild in every game. Was the hardest hitting player I seen in several years (ask any

QB or RB from the opp. team. I think he is one of the top 5 players in the state. But the best thing about Fred is he is just as good of a student and kid as he is a football player. ;)

I've seen Fred play many times and have also watched even more films of him. I also know quite a few of his close friends. #1 Fred is a great student and person and is a much needed highlight in the student body of Columbia Central. Sparkman has more potential than any thing else. His is not the fastest or the biggest, but the potential is there. He main negatives are mostly due to poor coaching. He has been allowed to develop bad habits and also allow to take plays off. His effort wasn't always there, but that is hardly all his fault. Do I believe he is one of the top players in the state? No, not by far. But I do believe that with better coaching he has the potential to be very very good.