TNT

Guest tnguy

It sounds like your coach didn't send in the application. It is as simple as that. Is the tournament suposed to assume the great USJ is coming if they RSVP or not? I have been going to the TNT for years. It is a great tournament. Sometimes I don't like my seed, but there is always the best competetion. Whether it is Private or public, you must mail in your application.

Mr. Maloane(Headmaster) is a good friend of mine and I'm sure he would agree; don't expect preferential treatment. They send out the applications in early November. Surely that is enough time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more time-the boys coach (1st year at USJ) mailed the form back for the boys team and didn't give the girls form to the girls coach, but mailed it back blank. The girls coach called TNT twice the first week of January. Her calls were not returned. Mr. Maloan went to bat for us and made calls also- The bottom line is it was a bad communication mishap between boys and girls coach. No we don't feel we deserved special treatment, just the courtesy to return our coaches call to a team who had participated since the beginning of TNT. Our girls are 23-3 and deserved a chance to play. But, it's over and done- a bunch of folks screwed up so let's put it to rest!! :D

Read your 1st post, it didn't mention your boy's coach made a bonehead move did it? You just said something happened to our application. I know that they send 2 applications per school. One for boys and one for girls. You might want to ask your girls coach if she got her application. I ve been in this Jr. High scene for 9 years. TNT is pretty persistant to get as many teams as they can. My team won this tournament last year in 5a. We drew two tough teams from around Jackson(Brownsville and Jackson Central). Tell Steve hello.

They were not persistent-they were evasive-They said they assumed that since the form came back blank, our record was awful. That's probably not a bad assumption unless your team has been coming for 13 years. A phone call by them or even returning our 1st two phone calls before it was too late would have been courteous. We are 22-3. :)

oops-excuse me we're 22-3 and own victories over Crockett County and Jackson Middle School (those two teams only losses). By the way has anyone seen the brackets for TNT-they are still not on the website and I think the tourney starts Friday.