A Proposal....

papbear3

I know that we have our differences, especially when it comes to private and public schools and the split in our sport, but I've been thinking (always a dangerous thing) and I thought that I would throw this out there and check the waters. I know that at this time we have separate state championships, and I am aware that TSSAA will not allow a postseason tournament of champions from both divisions, but that does not preclude the wrestling community in our state from hosting a in season tournament of the top 16-20 teams to attempt to sort this out. My proposal is this, that a school (possible with a sponsor) in the state host a tournament in January that invites the top DI and DII schools in Tennessee for a two day tournament. I know that it would not solve everything and I know that some great wrestlers would not be invited, but, gosh, it would be fun. And for those two days, everyone in the state would be watching. We are all competitors, and just think of the possible match ups. I think it would be great for our sport. I am also aware that there is a distinct possible that I am in the minority on this proposal. So there it is.....what do you think?

Chris Lewis

CBHS

Let's see, you don't want a split. You want some kind of new championship at the end of the season.

You realize that only seniors not playing spring sports would be eligible to participate! That doesn't seem like a real competition. It would sure leave out a bunch of underclassmen who are in spring sports.

But if that will satisfu you and the others who desperately need one champion, then by all means do it. Since we already have 32 in each weight class, maybe we should go to 64 in case we miss somebody that has a bad day.