Post your DII Pre-season Picks by region

kangaroo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is retarded, who cares where this guy is, he's not in high school anymore and that's all we should be talkin bout or worried about. now my opinion...

father ryan has a very good pitching staff, it's not as deep or good as last year, but it's still probably the best in D2. but, for you to say that they will breeze through the competition makes me laugh. the team is good, but they lost 6 starters from a team that had to come back 5 of the 6 wins against us (mba) last year. so i don't understand how you can be so confident. i'm trying to be as unbiased towards my school as possible. this region is completely up for grabs, no one has any clue who might step up this year and be the difference, i.e. josh kemph last year. all 4 teams have a great chance, good luck to all, and if you're going to post somethin completely useless and ignorant, please do it somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

whoever thinks McCallie will have a cake walk through the east is an idoit and doesnt know anything about Webb or Baylor.. McCallie had a better team last year with more pitching to back Moore up. Baylor has outstanding pitching ang a good returning line-up. Webb has 7 returning starters as well and McCallie last to both Webb and Baylor last year in the region and that wont change this year.. McCallie doesnt have the pitching to back ryan up. and i just might want to had that Ryan had NEVER beaten Baylor on the varsity level.

does Baylor have any overpowering pitchers this year or are they more the kind of pitchers who can place their fastballs and throw good off speed stuff?

also all i hear people say about webb is that they have 7 returning starters. that is true but they also have all but one pitcher returning too so watch for their pitchers to be pretty strong this year too.

finally, you can never count out McCallie they always put out good teams and i don't think this year will be any different. yes Baylor and Webb beat them last year, but Webb only beat them once; in the region tournament in an elimination game and i know that McCallie and Baylor split last year in the regular season and sense those two teams have such a heated rivarly you never know who is gonna win.

Guest Hotmoose

BA only lost one player last year and he wasnt their ace pitcher like Ryan. We have everyone returning plus Fuson catching this year. Not to sure if Ryan will breeze???