O-line

hogdrive74

I sent my son to the UT camp for about 3 years, didn't seem to have the impact you would expect. Not a lot of time spent teaching. Now the Carson-Newman O-line camp... to quote "I learned more there than 3 years at UT...". He'll be going back this year, and I feel that I can recommend it to all.

Hogdrive, Eric is doing well, he is almost 100% after an MCL injury just before the season last year. We're hoping NGHS can make at least a squeak this year, they have some talent returning, but lost several "skilled" players.

By the way, how did backs get to be "skilled"? I think it takes more skill to be on the line. Just my $.02. :)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the backs and all that skill, but as for the boys up front it's not just line up and hit someone, as my coach says don't think just do. It just feels natural, as I am sure for the rest of ya'll big boys, laying someone out and being the pancake king. ie3 who's your son, I am going to Carson-Newman this summer and maybe we can meet up sometime.

Actually at the risk of sounding biased, Eric is my son. I hate to toot his horn cause it just sounds like bragging, but I really do try to be objective in evaluating performance.

You know I was thinking about the all county team, and realized that Ruggiere (?) wasn't on it. He should have been, I saw him play twice and you couldn't ask for a better technique.

Guest region4fan

A smart back WILL ALWAYS give credit to his linemen. I know when Ralph King won the Titans Player of the Week last year, he insisted that his Oline get to come to the Jeff Fisher show too and eat. There are not too many things that Linemen like better than to eat! So BACKS...here is your tip...take it from Ralph ...give your FAT BOYS their due...at practice, at games. in the paper......GOT IT????