Best pitchers

wildukcats

I am fortunate to have Ashley Bain pitching for Walker Valley HS. Not only is she a great pitcher, she is an outstanding player and person. Last year as a Freshman, Ashley had a BA of .415, sl% of 509, and an ob% of 456. She led the team with 106 at bats, scored 25 runs, had 44 hits, 4 doubles, 3 triples, 9 RBI's (lead off batter), only struck out 5 times, and lead the team with 18 stolen bases. She finished the year committing only 3 errors in 32 games and leading the team with 61 assists. She struck out 117 of the 665 batters she faced, averaging over 5 K's per game. She only allowed 148 hits yielding 48 earned runs. Great stats for a Freshman that had to pitch against Baylor, GPS, Soddy Daisy, Red Bank, East Ridge, Sequatchie, Bradley, Boyd Buchannon, and many other great teams. She pitched and played 3rd for the 14U Frost Falcons the last two summers. Thank God softball season is around the corner!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we've got one of the best pitchers around. Sarah Houser is a great one!!! She broke the record last year for most strikeouts in a game and in a season. She got County MVP and many other awards. She's still got another two seasons to go. She's a junior so anybody that hadn't seen her pitch needs to come down to sweetwater and watch sarah and the rest of the lady cats they are a pretty good team!!! :D

Guest pickoff1

The pitcher from Dickson County will be turning heads this year. She works hard and has a variety of pitches to choose from. She did a great job last year and will do even better this year.

[Edited by pickoff on 2-5-03 9:47P]

I have had the privilege to work with sara hickerson--she is a hard worker that loves the game. As a catcher my job is to make my pitcher look good. Hickerson and I work so well together and I understand her-its like we read each others mind. I live to have the winning run in scoring position and the #1 hitter up and us call an awesome curve or rise that eats the hitter up! (Ball Game!) Teamwork is what it takes!

• 4 weeks later...