Who won the State Duals

Guest jdlbb

McCallie and Bradley WIN

Looks like McCallie made some GREAT COACHING decisions pushing 40 though 60 up a weight. I know they didn't get wins there, but it kept it close. Lets hear that story. Was it a good decision, or one that backfired on McCallie and they overcame it anyway. Either way, McCallie won the thing.

[Edited by panfan on 2-2-03 1:17A]

What an exciting match. Comes down to last match...win or lose 140 wins or losses the match. Top ranked 135 v top ranked 140. Myers launches Manley (feet over head) and doesn't even get the takedown (to Manley's credit); Manley scrambles to secure a takedown...and the rest as they say is history.

Congrats to all who participated.

Blind - that was an exciting match with the drama of the championship rinding on the outcome. I thought Spencer had things going his way after the 3rd or 4th take down, then Meyers thows that atomic whizzer defending the single leg giving the McCallie coaches and fans near heart failure. That would have definately been a high scoring free style throw. Danny Gilbert did a good job allowing them to wrestle it out. Who was the other official?????????

walkenvol, Spencer's match was a big time win by a big time wrestler. Congrats to the Big Blue. Not to brag but if you'll look back at my predictions for DII you should take notice that I did call for McCallie to win....LOL Now its time to get back to work and do it again!

Sly - thank you from Spencer. He doesn't follow this board, no time with all the studies. You were more confident of McCallie than me. Regretfully, I didn't see the Bradley/Soddy match, it sure sounded exciting. I did watch half of the Bradley/Clarksville match during our ND match. Your team looks very strong, top to bottom. The Bradley machine continues to crank out championships. As a wrestling fan, I would have preferred that the finals not be wrestled at the same time so we could have seen both. I really think that the duals format is very exciting and that the TSSAA should expand it by reinstating the D1 small school division. It's special when in this individual sport the boys, coaches, and even the fans all bond together as a team in search of the championship.