District 4AAA Teams

2Hot4U

Who in this district is playing really well right now heading into district play? Here are my thoughts and reflections. These standings are based soley on my observations and who I think is playing well right now going into the final 2 weeks of the season.

1) Maryville - shooting the ball really well, I don't except the post season meltdown of a year ago to happen again. Senior dominated team that I believe has a great shot at the 'boro.

2) William Blount - the biggest high schol basketball team in the state. Incredible size. Their guards are weak, but the size inside covers it up well. Will do well in district tournament b/c it is at their place.

3) Bearden - somewhat overrated in the sense that they don't have great talent, but they know how to win. I believe that they could struggle in district and region tournaments. Blue and Cox are stepping up.

4) South Doyle - the scariest/youngest team in the district. Next year will be the team to beat along with Farragut, BUT this year they are playing really well and have played some great basketball as of late. They are losing some close games, I am sure no one wants to play them in the district tournament - especially Farragut!

5) Farragut - loads of talent, no depth, incredible athletes, Torrence is a load inside, but Gibson is doing well leading the team. They are winning lately on fluke plays, choked against Bearden, think maybe the luck has run out.

6) West - a team that I feel has already peaked. Incredible athletes again, better than average shooters, but most learn how to play basektball together and in tight situations.

7) Heritage - Big Joe Lindsay inside, he had 33 last night against Sevier County. No very athletic but play hard. If you can get Lindsay breathing hard then you never know. Toro is a head case, abd Bruce is starting to play like a sophomore again. Good young point guard.

8) Sevier County - they have only have 1 victory. They are capable of shooting the ball realy well, if they do, then they are dangerous. No inside game and strictly play 2/3 zone.

Current tournament seeds:

1- Maryville

2- Bearden

3 - Farragut

4 - William Blount

5 - West

6 - South Doyle

7 - Heritage

8 - Sevier County

My predictions for region representatives;

1, Maryville 2, William Blount 3, Bearden 4, South Doyle

Should be a great district tournament, I hope to see large crowds there every night.

What do other fans of District 4AAA think.

1.Maryville

2.Bearden

3.Farragut

4.William Blount

5.West

6.South Doyle

7.Heritage

8.Sevier County

KEYS for beating top four

Maryville-Stop Gaskin, Tipton, and Houser. Lee will get his but must contain others.

Bearden-Be physical and stay up on Cruze. Still playing on hurt ankle so not as effective penetrating. Dont let Cox get ball. 19 for 20 against farragut

Farragut- Zone them. Make them beat you from outside. Box out. Lack of depth and ball handler beside Gibson means press them.

William Blount-No guard play so press them and make big men run. Eventually they'll have to come out of game, taking away their advantage.

I disagree on Farragut being 5th in the district. South Doyle must not be the team to beat because Heritage beat them last night. And if it wasn't for Toro, Joe Lindsey would not be having all of those points because he is averaging close to 6 assists a game. Also he has improved much on decision making as the season has gone by. Only problem is his frustration that the coach puts on him. So yes I do disagree. Also William blount has no chance of being second in the district because they have too many seniors and Bearden overall has more talent and always has a way to beat them.

Balla4, I would have to say that I also disagree. But let me ask all of you something... How can Toro be a "Head case" if he is #1 in his junior class with a 4.7 GPA, he is bi-lingual (and for those of you that do not understand that terminology, it means that this head case speaks two languages). Basketball wise, he averages 12 points, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds... now give me the definition of Head case!!! As for the standings top 5:

1. Maryville

2. Bearden

3. Farragut

4. William Blount

5. West

[Edited by Tigerbsktball on 2-11-03 11:38A]

I agree wit baller4, Toro is a "head case" First of all being smart in the classroom doesnt always translate to the basketball court. second, ummm where does Heritage rank in the area as far as education. They were out of school for almost a month earlier this year.

Hottest teams goin into tourney

1.William Blount

2.South Doyle

3.Bearden

4.Maryville

5.West

6.Farragut

7.Heritage

8.Sevier County