what happened to harding ?

mayor10111

I did not see the game, but Harding has a very good coach - in my opinion. St. Benedict plays a very deliberate offense, and if they shoot the ball well, they can compete with anyone. The key to beating them is getting a lead, so they can't execute their offense. Harding really misses Jan Williams, who was their point guard last year. I was suprised by the score, but Division II West is somewhat confusing this year. ECS is playing well, and having their best season in awhile. Briarcrest is very young, but I think they are improving. MUS, CBHS, and Harding are not playing very well right now. The post season should be interesting, especially when you throw Lausanne and Bishop Byrne into the mix.

the st. benedict i remember didn't have the ahtletes to win games like this. certainly not against teams like harding. did froeden just get outcoached. division 2 west must be wide open considering the traditional doormat of the league has beaten mus,harding,briarcrest,lausanne,and bishop byrne in one season. the league must have a lot of parity.

I would not be quite so harsh on their athletic ability, or their being a doormat. They knocked out a senior laden CBHS team last year from the post season. If they make you play their game, they can compete. I am not a St. Benedict supporter by any means, but I would not take them lightly.