Big D!!!

QueenBee

Last night the Smith County High School Gymnasium was renamed...it is now called the Bill Landreth Gymnasium... anyone that knows Bill Landreth will tell you that the gym will forever be known as the Big D Gym...This is a man that is near and dear to the hearts of anyone that has ever come into contact with him...

Big D was there last night...along with his family...and so many friends...his championship basketball team was there, two members had their numbers retired...

Great job Smith County!Big D is a great coach,teacher,dad,friend and teacher.Terry Collins did a great job in putting all this together.I have a strong connection with the 2 boys teams that went to the state and I guarantee those guys would have wanted it to be big D and his girls night,Smith county will honor those guys at a later date I am sure.Good job Smith County and thanks "BIG D"!

It sure will be an honor for me to always get to walk in the gym and think of Big D. After all his years and many recent struggles he still calls you by name. Amazing. I admire him and am so thankful SCHS chose to give him his roses while he is here to enjoy them. Way to go all of SCHS family. I'm proud to be just a small part. Good to see you ruppsrunt. Hope we get to visit you in the bayou. Bouncy says hello. :(