Who is the best track match up in region 4AAA boys

Guest fifle

Well, it would depend which terminology you use. Where as some people refer to the round with 8 divisions as 'sub-regions" and the round with four as "regions" (obviously this is the terminilogy you use Kenwood) some people call the 8 division round "regions" and the 4 division round "sections." I would say fifle uses the latter since he is obviously speaking of the Murfreesboro region. The region/section terminology is used in that section most often. I'm still not too sure which is correct, but the region/section thing is what they are officially called in the Chattanooga section.

To answer your question, as far as distance goes Justin Birdwell, Jim Hurder (Oakland), Alan Knox (Coffee Co), Welsh/Thomas/Shelton (Tull), and John Fisher (Columbia) should all be good in the longer distances. Oakland has a lot of other good distance guys as well, I just don't remember all their names...they're all pretty young. Any number of those guys could move down and challenge Lebanon's 800 guy in a pretty good race. That guy should have sub-2 potential if he trains hard enough. Cookeville has quite a few talented distance/mid-distance guys, but I don't know what events they'll be doing. Oakland should have a good 4x8 team. I don't know much else those are just a few things I can think of. What about sprinters? What about in the field?

hey sorry guys i thought that the cross-country regoins were the same as track. what will the XC times do next year in region 4aaa :confused: with the absence of birdwell and many other seniors

[Edited by fifle on 2-18-03 9:21P]

I don't really understand what you mean about what will he do without Birdwell. It's not like Birdwell was the only one challenging this kid. Birdwell was a whole minute ahead of that guy at regions and there were six people between them:

1. JUSTIN BIRDWELL COOK 15:45

2. BRAD SHELTON TULL 16:05

3. KC THOMAS TULL 16:22

4. JOHN FISCHER COL 16:29

5. MICHAEL WELSH TULL 16:32

6. JIM HURDER OAK 16:39

7. JEFFREY LISEA FC 16:43

8. CLAY HANNAH LEB 16:46

9. DAN MANTOR RIV 16:47

10.BOONE LANCASTER COL 16:48

He might want to worry about those guys in front of him such as Thomas, Fischer, Welsh and Hurder that are coming back next year (I don't know if those other guys are returning). I would say Hurder and Welsh will have themselves a nice little duel the next couple of years in Region 4. Anyways, the point is that there are plenty of guys that will be in front of him and therefore, he will definitely be pushed...you make it sound like he'll be all alone out there. Do you run for Lebanon?

They run alot of races at macon county where there aren't alot of schools that is what i meant about hte absence of birdwell where there will not be as many fast people then sorry for the confusion but that is what i meant

If he doesn't feel like there is gonna be that much competition for him then maybe he should use those races as training runs...he could train right through them. Then maybe he'll be better prepared for the races where he is gonna be pushed...those are the ones that matter anyways. So I'm guessing you run for Lebanon?

• 3 weeks later...