District 9AA Let the predictions begin

jacketpride24

next week starts the 9aa district tourney at lewis co. how about everone make some predictions and we see how this thing turns out. does anyone know who got the first seed today at the coin flip.

ok the first round match-ups are lewis co. vs. fairview, and loretto vs. marshall co.

the first game i will have to go with the jackets, it will be a tough game with lewis co. playing on there on floor. but i believe coach bledsoe will have his girls ready and they will come out firing. the second game i am going to go with marshall co. in an upset, they had a big win over fairview late in the season and i am feeling an upset in the brewing. loretto is tough but i am going with the tigers.

so what does everyone else think?

Giles Co is the #1 seed by coin toss.

1st round predictions:

Girls - Fairview 53, Lewis Co. 45

Girls - Loretto 71, Marshall Co. 35

Boys - Loretto 64, Fairview 60

Boys - Page 55, Marshall Co. 45

Have to go. My daughter needs to remotely bump me off my internet connection. Get back to you later.

my predictions for the guys first round are as follows

fairview will pull out a squeaker against loretto. fairview has lost twice to loretto this season in very close games, i believe they get over the hump if they can play all four quarters against the mustangs. in the second game Page will win big against marshall. marshall has had to many off the court problems this year and will end in a first round loss.

Lewis County is tough at home, but Fairview wins a close one in girls action. Loretto is playing the best they've played all year so I think they beat Marshall Co. Loretto is 7-3 in their last 10, with losses to Page, Lawrence Co., and Wayne Co. (all on the road) and avenged the loss to Wayne Co. last week at LHS.

Was hoping to see Page win the toss in case Loretto wins in the first round because they would match up better with Giles Co. with all the injuries GC has.

[Edited by 1MustangFan on 2-19-03 11:04P]

Giles Co. girls will be tough for anyone as Paige Howard is playing now since I saw she had 3 three's against Marshall Co. the other night. Page & Loretto have beaten Giles so they are not invincible. Fairview or Lewis Co. will not be pushovers for Giles especially if Giles comes out flat and lets the other team get a lead. Page will be tough as they know how to step up in big tournaments i.e. the Daytona Beach Classic where they won four games and the championship. Monday's first game will eliminate one of the two teams which I have grown to like over the season. It will be sad to see either of them lose and I have great respect for both coaches and all their players. When I watched Lewis Co. at Fairview earlier in the year, I was impressed with both teams play. Both have had their ups and downs during the season and Monday afternoon one team will end their season & the other will move on to face Giles Co. Good luck to both teams. Look for PageMan behind the scoring table with his clipboard following the action.

Guest gilessf

Everyone knows I am not very smart but I will say that Giles Co. is very healty(alot of doctor bills) and losing some games(fluke or not) this year has really made us want to prove our worth to people . If Jessica , Paige and Robin are playing good they are going give 2 teams a lot of payback (page & loretto) . Also I saw in the Tennesean that Fairview said they beat themselves last game(25pt loss) what about 1st one(32ptloss) . Their are 3 teams that can beat us and that is page and loretto & us. Print that and put it on the wall . Talking smack is fun , good luck to everybody . I would to play yall in the finals pageman because I think yall have great coach and a good team . Loretto is powerhouse of the future , glad my daughter is graduating . ;):)

Well gilessf you're a lot smarter than a lot of the people who post things on this board. I enjoy reading your posts. Giles Co. will be a force in the district as well as the regionals. Good luck against the Fairview/Lewis Co. winner Tuesday night. I'll be there watching that game as well as all the other games. Look for my reports on every game if I can get back from Hohenwald and I'm not too tired. Now I'm trying to figure out who your daughter is. See you in Hohenwald Tuesday.

All right, gilessf. Jessica is a great player and one of the keys to Giles Co.'s success this year. She has a great three-point shot and is the team's best ball handler. You should be extremely proud of her. I had talked with Rosey Gordon's father during smoke breaks at your games & I thought that you were her father. Thanks for setting me straight. Looking forward to the district tournament next week as I'll be there Tuesday to watch Giles Co. play. Good luck to all the Lady Bobcats. I hope everybody is well and can play their best.