D2 west region

chippermha

Lionboy - You overreact out of anger at losing. I'm upset about the loss too. I'm not bashing Coach Froedden saying that he is the worst thing Harding has ever been cursed with. I'm not saying that. Don't give me a bunch of that crap about how Harding has been good for the first time in a long time. I KNOW THAT. And I agree with you. I think that Coach Froedden has done a lot with our basketball team. He has brought them to a new calibur of playing level. Don't spew out a bunch of stupid stats, because I don't wanna hear that. That doesn't take away my right to criticize a coach. I wasn't even being that harsh on him anyway. I was basically DISAGREEING with some of his coaching moves... And that's ok. I know that Coach Froedden works his boys to death. They go through grueling practices and work their butts off to play so well. That team has TALENT. My comment was that it seems like Coach Froedden has made a few weak decisions in some games that cost the Lions the postseason. I feel that when they held the ball last night -- that totally destroyed everything those guys worked for. I just hate to see a coach work his players so hard, and then not give them the full shot, because he cowers back into weak methods. They have talent and they could have played it out and won, but instead they went for weak tactics in stalling the game. Those guys deserve to play the whole game because of how hard they worked. I think that was bad on Coach Froedden's part to make that move. I have a right to feel that way and I also have a right to voice that. But I RESPECT Coach Froedden, I just don't agree with him on everything. I'm actually shocked that you don't agree with me on this. You must think that our guys had no talent and HAD to hold the ball, because what you say comes across that way. No, no, no... I believe that our team had talent.

When I was describing what I heard about the game tonight, I gave the cold hard facts and you know it! I merely said Coach opted for the win instead of the tie. Nothing wrong with that, but what that shows is that you are so steeped into madness over tonights loss that you are looking for anyone to lash out at who says anything slightly negative or truthful.

Don't say that I am dissing him, lionboy. I disagree with him, but that does not mean dis. You need to calm down and not get so jumpy. Surely you don't think everyone, even coaches are perfect. But the way you stick by Coach Froedden so rigidly is bad. It's ok to discuss better methods of execution. You know very well that I respect Coach Froedden and what he has done at Harding. Don't come on here and try and make me look like some Harding hater.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not "steeped in madness" about tonight's game. I'm not all that upset at all; we showed great resiliancy. I just think that saying "last night, coach froedden lost our semi-final game" comes across a little bit too pointed. I was just pointing out to you that Coach Froeddedn did the best he could under the circumstances with what he had. Gasol was getting the ball way too easily, shown in Overtime. It seemed like you were laying the entire loss at the feet of Coach Froedden, when in fact, he still had us in a position to win the game at the final buzzer. Just as much criticism should be given to the players for missing relatively easy shots. I'm not saying you shouldn't criticize coaching methods, but it's totally unnecessary to lay all of the blame on Coach Froedden like he just handed to the other team, which is how you came across. I'm not rigidly aligned with Coach Froedden. He is a good friend and I will always support his decisions and respect them, but I won't blindly agree with him on everything. I do, however, think that he deserves quite a bit more credit than you were giving him. He had us in a position to win for 3 straight years and led us to 2 district championships. For that, I can proudly stand by him and defend his coaching methods. If you don't think think they work, look at Bartlett's Hubie Smith or Briarcrest's John Harrington. Both have very similar coaching styles and systems and both are having great success. I am a firm believer in Coach Froedden's system. If you will just stick with him, there is no doubt in my mind that he will bring home a championship. It may take a while. It took Hubie Smith 15 years. I have no doubt that it will happen, however. For a championship, though, I'm willing to wait it out and ride the roller coaster.

"I can proudly stand by him and defend his coaching methods." ????????????????????????????????????????

What the crap is that supposed to mean??? You're trying to make me out to be some kind of anti-Harding Coach Froedden hater. I DO NOT HATE COACH FROEDDED. Get over it! Lionboy. You keep making these little smug comments trying to look like your the perfect little angel. You attack me because I criticize a coaching method... You're words are pointless. They mean nothing. You need to quit saying these snide little remarks. You act like I'm totally against Coach Froedden's "methods." I think he has good methods: running his team with an iron fist and subjugating them to hard work. I AGREE with that. I DISAGREE with a bad decision he made. You say that I blame every loss on the coach, and that's a bad thing for me to do (sarcasm). I dont blame everything on the coach. And yes, I believe that loss last night was his fault, not the refs or the players (as you would like to think). He made a coaching decision to stall the game: it didn't work: his fault. So yes, I blame the loss on his coaching. But I DO NOT HATE HIM, or think he is a horrible coach as you are trying to make people think. You need to get off of this "agenda" of yours. Whenever you don't like something, you just keep whining and whining about it and annoying the crap out of people. You want an example: Weekend after the MUS loss, you went on and on about how MUS was being racist and how they shouldn't have had a "make-fun-of-Harding" day as you so called it. MUS did nothing to us. When you get upset, you start pushing people around. It needs to stop, right here. Forget your agenda and just worry about the things that matter.