Watertown/Dashkovitz

EphusPitch

Even though Coach Luttrell is an excellent coach, Watertown will never compete consistently for district and region titles until they do the following: 1) Establish a solid Little League baseball program and get the kids away from slow-pitch softball. 2) Build their own baseball field so that they can be proud of the program. 3) Figure out a way to compete with Friendship.

We've all debated the private versus public issue but the small public schools will continue to lose to the established private schools until they are able to attract quality athletes like the kid that pitched FCS to a 2-1 win over Watertown in the region final. This transfer student became eligible for his first game of the year for the region final and struck out 17 including the first 9 he faced. This kid is the real deal. It is unlikely that anyone in Watertown's district will touch him this year.

As for Dashkovitz, he is highly-overrated and obviously not very mature from some of the posts he has made. He does have some considerable talent. If he will listen to his coach he could develop into a quality pitcher. Yes Watertown had a good run at the end of last year and has some good players returning. But nobody will be overlooking them this year and some of their players have made immature posts on here that will certainly motivate their opponents.

look i resent the statement u have made about me dashkovitz and if that is ur opinion that is good but keep it to yourself and i do nto have time for this kid games ne more i was just saying this to get my competition pumped so that they will play hard and be ready to play. but dont count us out this year ok ... i may be over rated but we will see wont we